Seiko Epson Corporation has developed a new Mobile Graphics Engine series, the S1D13761 for use in mobile phones with MP3 player functionality. Volume production is scheduled to commence in the second quarter of FY2005.
Mobile graphics engines were originally developed for camera phones, and in
addition to MP3 decoder and player functions, the S1D13761 features enhanced
image processing functionality for such phones, as well as a CMOS sensor image
signal processor (ISP), JPEG codec, and SD memory card interface.
- Product Overview: Product model No. S1D13761
- MP3Player: Mono/stereo output (max. 48 kHz), Sampling bit rate 32 to 320
- Camera interface: UXGA max. (approx. 2 megapixels), single-port
- Input format: Bayer RGB, YUV 4:2:2 (ITU-R-BT656)
- Host interface 16/8-bit generic asynchronous CPU interface (Type 80 / Type 68)
- LCD interface: 2 interfaces, 320 x 240 pixels max. Parallel interface, serial
- Display colors: 260,000 colors (max)
- JPEG encoding/decoding: Built-in hardware JPEG codec
- Display functions: Hardware rotation (SwivelView), overlay display, etc.
- Other: I2C bus, SD memory card interface, LED control PWM (4ch)
- Operating voltage: I/O = 1.8V/3.3V, core = 1.5V
- Package: FCBGA 144 pin (7mm x 7mm)