Matsushita Electronic Components Co., Ltd. has succeeded in commercializing the "Thin Center Speakers" suitable for in-vehicle DVDs, which have been developed in cooperation with Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
Product name: Thin center speaker suitable for DVDs
Sample production: August 2001
Production start: April 2003 (target)
Production capacity: 10,000 pieces/month
The creation of richer-and higher-quality sound space is increasingly required in the automotive industry by introducing the car audio into multi-channel DVDs. However, the installment of speakers inside a car presents a significant challenge to reproduce multi-channel DVDs. Especially, center speakers have been required to be thin in size and small in diameter to install them in the dashboard of a car, as well as to have features of wide range and high efficiency covering audio frequency. To meet the market needs, we have succeeded in commercializing the "Thin center speakers" having a diameter of 8 cm and an overall height of 25mm.
Our proprietary coupling-drive system contributes to being thin in size.
- Overall height : 25mm (Our current models : 43mm)
- Wide range due to our proprietary new mechanical components based on a light and high-rigidity vibration system.
- Frequency response :100 Hz to 15kHz (Our current models :150 Hz to 12kHz)
- High efficiency due to our proprietary compact-and high efficient-GIMC (Geminus Integrated Magnetic Circuit)
- Sound pressure level : 83 dB/W/m (Our current models : 82 dB/W/m)
DVD car audio system
Forty-two patents are pending