Eight million pixels in a stylish metal body, the new Olympus μ DIGITAL 800 will light up your life
Olympus is set to redefine low-light photography with the launch of their latest model, the μ [mju:] DIGITAL 800. Olympus' new Bright Capture technology will enable photographers to achieve excellent results in dark situations, and provide trouble free night time and indoor photography in conditions that were previously unheard of.
Come rain or shine, night or day, the compact and weatherproof μ [mju:] DIGITAL 800 allows you to keep on shooting. Its eight million pixel resolution coupled with Bright Capture technology and an array of additional image capturing options, means the μ[mju:] DIGITAL 800 is a welcome addition to the growing range of mju cameras. Finished in a dark blue or silver metal body with a 3x optical zoom the camera will be available from July 2005 and will have an estimated street price of £350.
The Olympus μ [mju:] DIGITAL 800 main features:
- 8.0 million pixels
- Weatherproof metal body with glossy surface in dark blue or silver
- Bright 3x zoom lens (38-114mm equivalent), 1:2.8-4.9
- Bright Capture Technology for superior performance under low light conditions
- Extra-large 6.4cm HyperCrystal LCD (with ultra-wide 160° horizontal and vertical viewing angles)
- 19 Scene Programmes plus Programme Auto, Aperture priority and Shutter priority
- Blur protection to guard against the effects of camera shake
- High-speed sequential shooting
- Movie function with sound (in VGA quality)
- Macro and Super Macro shooting (from as close as 3cm in Super Macro mode)
- TruePic TURBO image processor
- Calendar function
- PictBridge compatible
- Multilingual menu (more languages can be downloaded using the Olympus Master software)
- Shipped with rechargeable Li-Ion battery and charger, USB cable, AV cable and Olympus Master software.