The new MSI DR16-F 16x Dual Format & Dual Layer recorder is currently available in the of computer shops.
Announced some time ago, the new drive supports 16x write for DVD+R/-R, 4x for DVD+R9 , 8x DVD+RW rewriting, 6x DVD-RW rewriting and 16x DVD-ROM reading. The drive is based on Sanyo chipset.
Available online for less than $95, it could be another proposal for your everyday recording tasks.
Main specs DR16-F Writer:
- 16x DVD+R writing / 8x DVD+RW rewriting / 4x DVD+R9 writing
- 16x DVD-R writing / 6x DVD-RW rewriting / 16x DVD-ROM reading
- 48x CD-R writing / 24x CD-RW rewriting / 48x CD-ROM reading
- BURN-Proof prevents buffer underrun and minimizes recording failures
- Supports over-burn feature
- Supports 99 (870MB) or 90min (800MB) CD-R disc
- Supports 8cm or 12cm disc diameter
- 2MB internal buffer
- Enhanced IDE/ATAPI interface
- PIO Mode 4, DMA Mode 2 and UDMA Mode 2
- Automatically selects the optimum recording speed for each disc