NVIDIA announced the immediate availability of the Company's new NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition media and communications processors (MCPs) for Intel platforms. This new line of core-logic solutions incorporates a host of new, innovative, NVIDIA features never before available on the Intel platform, including NVIDIA's SLI technology, hardware-based firewall security, advanced storage solutions, and native Gigabit Ethernet networking.
Designed for desktop PCs and motherboards based on Intel Pentium 4 processors for Socket 775, including the upcoming dual-core Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition and Pentium D processors, NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition MCPs are the first to support NVIDIA SLI technology the ability to combine the rendering power of two graphics cards in a single system, resulting in increased performance and unparalleled game play.
In addition to NVIDIA SLI technology, NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition MCPs also incorporate features aimed at raising the bar on performance and innovation, including:
- NVIDIA DualDDR2 architecture, a high-bandwidth, 128-bit memory interface, providing up to 10.6GB/sec of memory bandwidth and support for DDR2-667MHz memory DIMMs.
- High-performance design with support for 1066MHz frontside bus (FSB), and multiple PCI Express configurations.
- NVIDIA QuickSync technology and DASP 3.0 technology to reduce system latency and maximize system performance.
- NVIDIA ActiveArmor technology, a hardware accelerated security firewall solution built directly into the silicon, designed to protect the PC from malicious spyware and hacker attacks.
NVIDIA ActiveArmor technology also includes NVIDIA Firewall, an intuitive software interface with advanced security capabilities including remote manageability and automatic sensing when an application attempts to connect to the Internet.
- NVIDIA MediaShield technology, a robust storage solution that allows end users to confidently manage, store and backup their valuable data, including home movies, digital pictures and more. NVIDIA MediaShield technology incorporates:
Bootable RAID 5, an optimal storage configuration for fast data access, additional storage capacity, and data protection.
Support for up to four SATA and four PATA hard drives simultaneously, including those based on the newest SATA 3Gb/s hard drive technology.
MediaShield Disk Alert System, a graphical, real-time feature that alerts end-users to hard drive failures or degraded performance environments.
NVIDIA nTune technology, a Windows?-based interface that can automatically optimize PC configurations based on the applications being run and allows extreme overclocking of all key system components, including CPU, FSB, memory, PCI Express, and graphics.
NVIDIA has supplied production silicon to the world's leading PC OEMs, system builders and motherboard manufacturers, all of whom are readying products for channel and retail availability, including Abit, ABS, Acer, Alienware, Amax, ASUSTeK, Atelco, Axcelerate Computers, Biostar, Bow.it, Chaintech, Colfax International, CyberPower, DFI, ECS, EID, Epox, Falcon Northwest, Foxconn, Gigabyte, Hypersonic PC, Ibuypower, IHDE, ISM Captain Flint, McKinnon Micro, Microstandard, Milwaukee PC, Monarch Computer, MPC, MSI, Network Technical, Olidata, PC Club, Polywell, Scan, Seanix, Systemax, Topnotch, Tuxon, Velocity Micro, Vicious PC, Vobis, Voodoo PC, and more.
For more information on NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition MCPs, please visit the Company's Web site at www.nvidia.com.