ASUSTeK announced the CB-5216A internal drive, which is one of the few CD-RW drive on the market capable of delivering 52X write and 32X rewrite.
The CB-5216A incorporates technologies including FlextraLink , FlextraSpeed , DDSS II and CAV (constant angular velocity) writing strategy.
FlextraLink - Makes sure no more discs go to waste
FlextraLink prevents buffer underrun problems and eliminates the creation of unusable discs , while FlextraSpeed enhances accuracy and reliability when writing and rewriting across a broad range of certified media. Throughout the recording process, FlextraLink consistently keeps track of the data buffer status, whereas FlextraSpeed continously monitors the recording media and set s the most effective writing speed to ensure top-quality recording. Both ASUS proprietary technologies occupy minimal system resources, allowing the PC to remain fully operational and available for other applications even during the recording process.
DDSS II Technology ? High quality data recording
The CB-5216A also features the patented DDSS II technology, an enhanced follow-up of the first-generation Double Dynamic Suspension System. The DDSS technology is a dynamic damping system designed to minimize vibration and noise caused by high-revolution spindle motors. By stabilizing the pick-up head, both horizontally and vertically, the CB-5216A enables more precise tracking for stable recording.
The ASUS CB-5216A utilizes CAV writing strategy to significantly shorten recording time and achieve higher average recording speed, compared to other high-speed CD-RW drives on the market. The ASUS CB-5216A is compatible with all the regular writing methods, including Packet Writing, TAO (Track at Once), DAO (Disc at Once), SAO (Session at Once), Multisession, Variable Packet Writing and Fixed Packet Writing.
For additional information about ASUS optical storage devices or other quality products, please visit the company website at http://www.asus.com .
- 52X Write/32X ReWrite/52X Read
- CAV (Constant Angular Velocity) Writing Strategy
- FlextraLink Buffer Underrun Errors Prevention Technology
- FlextraSpeed Optimal Writing Speed Adjustment Technology
- Built-in DDSS II for Superior Vibration & Noise Control
- Proprietary AI Auto Speed Adjustment Technology
- High-Speed Digital Audio Extraction (Max. 52X) and VCD Data Extraction
- Mt. Rainier Supported
- Swift Data Recording: Burn a Full 650 MB CD in less than 2 1/2 Minutes
- Free Bundle of Latest Nero Software
- Supports MS-DOS, Windows XP/ NT/ ME/ 2000/ 98/ 98SE
- Supports DAO-RAW, TAO, DAO, SAO, Multi-Session, Packet Write, and Overburn
- Supports Multi-Formats: CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, Photo CD, Mixed Mode CD-ROM, CD-I, CD-Extra, CD-Text, Video CD, DVCD, and Bootable CD
- Vertical/ Horizontal Mounting Available
- Unique Dust-Proof and Noise-Control Design
- Windows XP Logo Certified