A unique combination of Ultra 320 performance with cost-effective SATA drives in a 4.8TB 2U enclosure
Plasmon market leader in professional data storage solutions, announced the launch of Raidtec CS3102, a rack mounted RAID storage solution designed for departmental, document imaging, audio/video streaming and disk-to-disk backup applications.
The Raidtec CS3102 RAID solution is host and operating system independent with dual Ultra 320 SCSI host connections
and hot swap disks, power supplies and cooling fans as standard. Raidtec CS3102 uses Serial ATA (SATA) disk drives in
a high-density, 12 bay configuration that delivers up to 4.8TB of storage capacity in a compact 2U enclosure.
?While many organisations are using SAN (Storage Area Networks) and NAS (Network Attached Storage) RAID solutions,
DAS (Direct Attached Storage) remains the simplest and most widely accepted method of implementing server storage,?
said David Thomson, sales director EMEA at Plasmon. ?This product was designed to address the needs of a DAS
environment and the market response has been very positive. The CS3102 has the right cost / performance balance to
meet the technical requirements and budget limitations of departmental and mid-sized businesses.?
Raidtec CS3102 comes as standard with Raidtec ManagerTM, a web-based software that provides an easy-to-use interface
for configuration and management of the array. A unique feature of Raidtec Manager is the ability to quickly optimise RAID
volumes by selecting pre-configured RAID profiles. The administrator simply selects the profile that best fits the application
environment in which the RAID volume will be used, including: workstation/CAD, file server, media server and database
For more information please visit www.raidtec.com
Features and Benefits
- 4.8TB capacity in a 2U, 19 inch rack enclosure
- Up to 640 MB/sec aggregate bandwidth (dual bus)
- Flexible RAID levels ? 0, 1, 10, 5
- Redundant, hot-swap disks, power supplies and cooling
- Local / global hot spare drive
- Dynamic capacity expansion
- Easy-to-use Raidtec Manager web-based management software
- Advanced Logical Volume Manager for up to 64 LUNs
- Profile driven RAID creation for performance optimisation
- Simple installation, configuration and management