CyberLink announced the release of PowerDirector 4, featuring four Magic Tools for fast editing and the creation of movies.
"CyberLink PowerDirector's Magic Tools not only take the hassle out of creating home videos by automating the editing process, they also ensure results that are unbelievably cool," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink.
Magic Tools in PowerDirector 4 include:
1. Magic Clean, featuring CyberLink Eagle Vision 2 and CyberLink Noise Reduction, enhances video by cleaning both the audio and video tracks. CyberLink Eagle Vision? 2 (CLEV?-2) technology enhances the colors and brightness of the video, while unwanted noise is removed with CyberLink Noise Reduction (CLNR) technology. Magic Clean also lets users enhance the colors and brightness of their slideshow photos and automatically remove unsightly red-eyes.
2. Magic Cut automates the steps for editing long videos into one short clip by analyzing for elements it values highly. Users can quickly turn long uneventful clips into interesting and paced videos by simply setting the duration.
3 . Magic Music offers a quick way to create soundtracks that perfectly fit the length of a video clip or photo slideshow. Featuring a royalty-free soundtrack library arranged by genre, Magic Music recomposes music to perfectly match the soundtrack to any given length. More music is available for purchase online by linking from PowerDirector 4.
4 . Magic Motion makes still images more enjoyable by adding panning and zooming during playback. PowerDirector analyzes each image for its main subject or subjects and then applies motion based on this key focus. Magic Motion lets users quickly turn a collection of digital photos into an impressive slideshow.
New features in PowerDirector 4 include:
·CyberLink Rich Video technology saves an enormous amount of production time by reusing video file information created by Magic Cut or Scene Detection functions. PowerDirector stores the information within the files, ensuring that the next time these features are used on the same files, the speed of production is dramatically improved.
· Timeline features
o Multi Trim offers a simple means of manually editing a long clip by inserting multiple in and out points along a timeline. Once the points have been set, users can delete unwanted video with one click.
o Inserting Chapters on the timeline provides a quick way for users to create video chapters in their movies. Users have the option of setting chapters evenly according to the full length of their video, at the beginning of each clip, or according to a set duration. The information created during Edit mode is transferred into Produce mode, ensuring that the DVD authoring process is faster then ever.
o Align to clip edge delivers a convenient and accurate way of aligning effects and audio clips with the video clips instead of manually dragging them into position. Users can select whether they want to align to the left or right edge of a video clip.
o Locking timeline tracks protects an entire track from accidental changes by preventing the deletion or changing of elements.
· Manual Batch Capturing offers an easy way to select, capture and merge a series of clips. Manual batch capturing provides precise control over the capturing process and is especially useful for dubbing VCR tapes, which do not include a time code.
· Smart Video Rendering Technology? (SVRT) Info window gives users information for better predicting the rendering process performed by PowerDirector?s second generation SVRT?-2 technology. PowerDirector analyzes a project?s audio and video tracks to estimate how much rendering will be required. A color code and percentage score offers a quick visual guide to understanding the results.
· Integrated DVD authoring ensures a fluid process from editing to menu authoring and burning. Improved integration and updated features give users total control over creating professional DVDs for playback on home DVD players. Chapters inserted during editing are maintained for authoring. Users can add stylish menus and chapter thumbnails, and burn to a broad range of disc media.
· One-click photo fixing with PhotoNow! allows quick removal of red-eyes and the adjustment of brightness, colors and contrast. Users can also apply a range of photo filters such as Oil Paint and Pencil Sketch.
PowerDirector 4 is sold for USD 89.95/Euros 74.99 and is now available on CyberLink online store at
Retail box versions will be available via CyberLink's network of software publishers worldwide and release dates differ in each country.