Epson Perfection 4990 Photo is able to produce high-quality scans out of paper or film (from 35mm and up to 5x4") utilizing impressive technologies like LED illumination and Digital ICE
The Perfection 4990 Photo scanner features a high optical density of up to 4.0 Dmax and can distinguish a broad spectrum of subtle colour variations, reproducing a tonal quality previously unmatched in a film scanner of this size and price point.
The Perfection 4990 Photo is aimed at photo enthusiasts and professionals, looking for the best in fast, multi-format film scanning technology. It offers 4800 x 9600 dpi resolution and has several features to facilitate scanning large archives of prints and films. A built-in transparency unit for 35mm film, medium and large format film allows you to scan entire photo contact sheets in one batch. While the integrated LED allows you to track the progress of the film scanning, preventing you from inadvertently interrupting the scanning process before completion.
Priced at RRP £349 (inc vat) , the Epson Perfection 4990 Photo is bundled with Epson’s new Creativity Suite software. This software allows you to manipulate images pre- and post- scan. The scanner also incorporates DIGITAL ICE™ technology that removes dust and scratches from scanned images, enabling you to restore prints and films.
“The Perfection 4990 Photo offers exceptional processing quality for both photos and film. With processing speeds up to 40% times faster than previous models, it is one of the highest performing, most versatile scanning solutions on the market today,” says Richard Baylis, Sales and Marketing Manager, Consumer Products, Epson UK. “We also believe that the medium and large format film support capabilities it offers, will be very attractive to photo enthusiasts and professional photographers.”
Epson Perfection 4990 Photo features summary
- High optical density up to 4.0 dmax
- Unique LED embedded in scanner lid shows film scanning progress and helps to prevent accidental interruption of the scan
- 4800 x 9600dpi for superior scanning results
- Built-in transparency unit for multi-format film scanning
- Over 40% faster scanning than its predecessor*
- Digital Ice™ - for dust and scratch removal
- Bundled with professional scan and imaging software including the new Epson Creativity Suite, Adobe® PhotoShop Elements 2.0, Adobe Album Maker 2.0 and Silverfast® SE
- RRP £349 (inc vat)