VIA Technologies announced a license agreement with QSound Labs for their leading edge audio technologies to further enhance VIA Vinyl Audio solutions.
Under the agreement, VIA will bring together its award winning Vinyl Audio Controllers with QSound's unique audio enhancement technologies and audio-processing algorithms that delivers a ready to market solutions for VIA's audio partners. Powered by VIA Vinyl Audio Hardware, QSound offers unmatched technologies that transforms the PC Audio experience with enhancements for games, music, and movies as well as advanced feature control that allows users to fully customize their audio experience.
"In order to best compliment our advanced Audio Controller technology, we are very happy to be working with QSound as we strongly believe they offer the most comprehensive audio software features with stellar performance," commented Steve Chen, Executive Assistant to the CEO, and head of VIA Audio & Video Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "This technology partnership will enable VIA's Audio partners to offer PC audio solutions with unmatched quality, further defining products integrating VIA Vinyl Audio solutions as the unparalleled leader in audio for the PC."
"We are very proud to be working with VIA, as we believe that this partnership will allow customers to truly experience the strengths of QSound's audio technologies together with VIA's acclaimed Audio Hardware portfolio," commented David Gallagher, president, CEO, QSound Labs. "As PC users increasingly use their computers to experience their multimedia content, features such as QSound's patented Q3D, QXpander, and QEM technologies will allow users to experience audio on their PC in ways they never thought possible."
- Q3D: Complete DirectSound, DirectSound3D, A3D and I3DL2-compatible digital audio mix engine with advanced 3D positioning, including 2D to 3D remix for non 3D games, for headphones and 2 to 7.1 channel speaker systems
- QEM: EAX and EAX2.0-compatible acoustic environment simulation, for headphones and 2 to 7.1 channel speaker systems
- QXpander: Mono to 3D and stereo to 3D stereo sound stage synthesis and enhancement for headphones and stereo speakers
- QVerb: reverberation optimized for music and movies, for all configurations
- QEqualizer: 8 band equalizer