Providing massive Firewire 800 enabled external storage using RAID 0 to achieve speeds up to 88MB/s
Miglia Technology, a global technology solution provider that manufactures, markets and supports a range of own and licensed branded products announced DualDisk, the latest in FireWire 800 storage.
Thanks to its specially designed Miglia Catalyst 912 board, DualDisk brings a whole new level of performance to FireWire storage. Catalyst 912 was created by Miglia in partnership with Oxford Semiconductor, the leading provider of FireWire chipsets. Featuring hardware level support for Raid 0 (Striping), DualDisk reads and writes data to two hard drives simultaneously, thus achieving incredible data transfer rates.
Integrating two hard drives, the ultra-slim aluminium enclosure combines vast amounts of storage space with incredible data transfer rates peaking at 88 MB/sec. Thanks to its advanced DCS? cooling system, the hard drives run at low temperatures at all times, thereby lengthening their lifespan.
Eric Ferraz, Product Marketing Director, Miglia Technology, commented: "DualDisk? is the long awaited replacement for MediaBank MT-R, the world's first dual drive aluminium case we launched in 2001. In collaboration with Oxford Semiconductor, we developed a FireWire board based on the OXFW 912, to achieve the highest possible data transfer rates."
Designed and built to last, DualDisk is made from robust, shock resistant aluminium, giving the best possible protection for your valuable data.
- High Speed FireWire 800 Storage - Using two hard drives simultaneously to read and write data gives DualDisk an incredible performance edge.
- Robust, ultra-slim aluminium case - Barely higher than a standard 3.5" hard drives, DualDisk units can be easily stacked.
- Quiet and efficient DCS? cooling system - Combining passive and active cooling, DCS? guarantees low drive temperatures even under an intense workload.
- Generous storage capacities - Available in several configurations ranging from 320 GB to 500 GB, DualDisk? is ideal for video or audio capture.
- Bootable - DualDisk is fully bootable on any system that supports booting on a FireWire volume. No additional software or hardware required!
- Mac with FireWire 400 or 800 port
- Mac OS 9.1 or higher (FireWire 400 speed only) -Mac OS X 10.2.5 or higher
- PC with FireWire 400 or 800 port
- Windows 2000, XP
Pricing and availability
The DualDisk is available now from Miglia's distribution partners, refurb or online store, for a recommended retail price of:
DualDisk? 320: €334, $429 and £221 ex VAT.
DualDisk? 500: €526, $669 and £348 ex VAT.
Look here for further info: DualDisk
All units carry a full 2 year RTB warranty. A list of distributors and resellers is available on Miglia's website :