Ultra-Buffer provides end users with optimum performance control. Utilizing a standard PC and a Philips drive with the maximum buffer underrun protection added, users experienced:
1. Powerful Reading Capabilities
- Improved Caching Mechanism
- High-speed Digital Audio Extraction
- Immediate-readfor Ultra Fast Accessing of Data CDs
2. Powerful Writing Capabilities
- Extended Software Buffering
- Multi-Threaded Write Engine with a Highly Advanced Threading Mechanism
- Intelligent Write Synchronization
"The combined engineering expertise of Ahead Software and Philips has resulted in Ultra-Buffer, a new feature within the Philips `intelligent' drive functionality. Ultra-Buffer is set to move the whole CD recording process to another level of `anxiety free' recording." commented Brett Bernhardt, a marketing manager of Philips Components.
"Philips has an unprecedented heritage in the CD/CDR industry, and in recognizing the needs of today's CDRW user, they have once again shown they are a true leader. Through our collaboration, we are meeting users' needs for high-speed, error-free recording.'' said Jim Corbett, executive director of Ahead Software..."