CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Which firmware version? OEM   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 282 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> Which firmware version? OEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which firmware version? OEM - 2/3/2005 3:46:53 AM   
octane

Hello all, I am new here and also to this dvd-rw thing.

So, I bought an oem NEC dvd-rw drive recently, and the storeowner urged me to update the firmware from the NEC website. However, I don't see the exact firmware to upgrade from that site.

Now, I had read the detailed topic titled "NEC 3500 and OEM official firmware overview" by emperor, but I am still confused which version to get to suit my drive.

The properties of my dvd-rw drive reads "_NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG"

I can see that there is a "ND-3500/AG" section in that topic with a bunch of .bin versions of firmware. I am afraid to wildly picking one of those and then screwing up my drive. So, which one is for my drive? Only 206 and 216 are for AG drives?

Any help would be great. Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Which firmware version? OEM - 2/3/2005 3:57:15 AM   
BAD_NL

Hey Octane,

You shouldn't worry about the AG thing, this isn't realy a diffrence. I suggest you should try v2.18 first, this is the newest version from NEC. If you need bitsetting for dvd+r discs (this makes dvd+r discs compatible with dvd-r drives) you could try v2.28 or MAD-DOG v2.FC.

Good luck with it!

< Message edited by BAD_NL -- 2/3/2005 3:59:57 AM >

(in reply to octane)
Post #: 2
RE: Which firmware version? OEM - 2/3/2005 3:39:36 PM   
emperor

2.28 should be fine for your drive, even the new 2.FC from Maddog will work OK with your drive too

(in reply to BAD_NL)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> Which firmware version? OEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI