CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Low Quality Media = Low quality of video?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1522 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Low Quality Media = Low quality of video? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Low Quality Media = Low quality of video? - 2/1/2005 5:27:35 AM   
wolfwolf

For the longest time, the only difference between good quality media and bad quality media was its percentage of success when being burned with data. But somebody told me that when you burn a dvd movie, the quality of the movie changes if your using low quality dvd media unlike if your using good quality media. I still think this is not true but if this is true i hope you can give me some details about this

Thnx
Post #: 1
RE: Low Quality Media = Low quality of video? - 2/1/2005 6:05:42 AM   
Iggy

Welcome.

Not exactly. The movie is 0 and 1 on a media. Also the quality is highly depends on the bitrate. This cannot be changed from a media. But if the media is low quality it is higly possible for glithces, freezes etc. So the final result will be low quality.

(in reply to wolfwolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Low Quality Media = Low quality of video? - 2/2/2005 9:12:34 PM   
wolfwolf

But as long as nero verifies the burned cd and successfully does so will mean the cd has been burned correctly and it has same quality as that of original dvd right?

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 3
RE: Low Quality Media = Low quality of video? - 2/2/2005 9:38:31 PM   
Flash

That is correct but if the player has difficulty in reading the media it will show up as freezing & jumping in playback and this problem is player dependant. If more compatable media is used there will be a wider range of playback compatability.
As for reading the disc in a PC drive, if it can be read without errors then the movie content will be the same as the original source material and a bad disc can usualy be copied to a more compatable disc without any loss of the original quality

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS
http://flashman.rpc1.org
http://www.dvd-recordable.org
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WAY THEY ARE INTERPRETED

(in reply to wolfwolf)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Low Quality Media = Low quality of video? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI