CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft Cuts 62 Software Jobs !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 702 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Cuts 62 Software Jobs ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft Cuts 62 Software Jobs ! - 1/21/2005 1:40:29 PM   
WinThusiast

Microsoft Corp. has cut 62 software-testing jobs from one of its Windows groups, attributing the decision to a shift toward automated testing in parts of the operation.

The elimination of the software test-engineering positions from the Windows Core Operating System Division was effective late last week.

It is the second Microsoft job reduction in recent months attributed to efforts to shift away from manual testing. Separately, in September, Microsoft cited similar reasons when it cut 93 positions involved in testing and user education in its Windows Server division.

At the time, Microsoft also created 44 other positions in that division more suited to automated testing, resulting in a net reduction of 49 jobs.

There are no current plans to replace or offset any of the latest job cuts in the same way, but that may be possible in the future, Microsoft spokeswoman Tami Begasse said.

Groups including the Washington Alliance of Technology Workers, which hopes to organize Microsoft employees, point to expansion by the company overseas and layoffs in Redmond as evidence that Microsoft is actively seeking to shift portions of its work to countries where labor is cheaper.

However, Begasse said the recent job cuts are not related to expansion in India or elsewhere overseas. Any positions established to support the new automation that prompted last week's cuts would be created in Redmond, she said.
More...

Source : SeattlePI
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Cuts 62 Software Jobs ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI