CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Woman Faces Charges For Deleting Ex-boyfriend's Online Game Data !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1185 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Woman Faces Charges For Deleting Ex-boyfriend's Online Game Data ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Woman Faces Charges For Deleting Ex-boyfriend's Online ... - 1/21/2005 1:19:41 PM   
SiliconFreak

FUKUSHIMA -- A woman in her 30s who illegally used her boyfriend's online username and password to access an Internet game and delete his game data faces charges, police said.

Police reported the woman, of Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture, to the Fukushima District Public Prosecutors Office accusing her of violating a law banning illegal access. She has apparently admitted to the allegations against her.

"I did it as revenge for breaking up with me," police quoted her as saying.

The man, who is in his 20s, did not suffer financially because of the woman's actions, but she deleted items such as weapons and clothes that he had spent time collecting in the game.

Investigators said the woman accessed the online role-playing game "Lineage" using the man's username and password in about April last year.

"Lineage" is an adventure game in which players fight enemies with characters such as knights and magicians. Players can type messages to each other while they are playing the game, and can have their characters team up.

The woman and the man reportedly met each other through the game in the autumn of 2003, and started a relationship, actually meeting each other, but they soon broke up, police said.

Source : Mainichi Daily News
Post #: 1
RE: Woman Faces Charges For Deleting Ex-boyfriend's Onl... - 1/21/2005 3:54:27 PM   
G_IvanAwfulitch

Well here in the states if he gave her his user name and password then she had his permission. Sollie Charlie, that's the way the cookie crumbles. LMAO

DVD Burning 'PuterP4 2.8 o/c 3.2
XP Pro Sp2
Albatron PX865PE PRO
6HDs_ 1TB+ total
2GB 3200DDR
MD 3500 2.FC, MD 3520 1.F3 On Firewire
Benq oem 1620 B7U9, BQ 1640
Plex 48/24/48 BU on Usb2
General use,Compaq 5000 series
BTC 1108

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Woman Faces Charges For Deleting Ex-boyfriend's Onl... - 1/21/2005 6:44:53 PM   
Cooler

Question is: Did he gave them.. or did his ex-gf snoop them out by herself?

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to G_IvanAwfulitch)
Post #: 3
RE: Woman Faces Charges For Deleting Ex-boyfriend's Onl... - 1/22/2005 5:48:28 AM   
SiliconFreak

Well...I guess thats up to jury to decide...I guess the person with more money and better attorneys will win this one (like in most cases...sad but true...)...

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Woman Faces Charges For Deleting Ex-boyfriend's Online Game Data ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI