CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

WNASPI32.DLL, Windows ME issues...HELP!!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1202 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> WNASPI32.DLL, Windows ME issues...HELP!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WNASPI32.DLL, Windows ME issues...HELP!!! - 4/3/2003 6:03:50 AM   
SugarFoots

I'm new here, and not quite sure if this is where this message should go. I'll try to make this as short and to the point as possible.

I moved my room around and had to disconnect all the external plugs, etc. from my computer. When I reconnected everything and tried to run Nero, it gave me "Error 16", which stated that one of the Windows 95/98/Me/NT files could not be found, "?'?" (the file name). I contacted Cendyne through the Technical Support page and was advised the following: to download the Nero Clean Tool from Nero.com to completely remove Nero, then to download the Nero program from the same website (next to the American Flag under "Latest Downloads"). Well, I couldn't find the Nero Clean Tool. I removed it with my Windows program remover, which I later discovered would not removed all of the program.

I went ahead and downloaded the Nero program from www.Nero.com. During the download I was informed that the Ahead folder was not empty, so I told it to go ahead and copy over everything in the file (since I was told to remove it completely anyway). I restarted my computer and was given a new error message: No Adapters. So...Using the Nero Info Tool, I discovered that the Nero ASPI was not installed (System ASPI is installed). I did a web search on Google.com for "Nero ASPI", found a website w/ the file and downloaded it. Going back to Nero Info Tool, it now says that Nero ASPI is installed and working properly. I should say now that at this point, the CD-RW drive was not even recognized by the computer.

Now the drive is recognized and shows up under my computer (I went to set up at the computer start up and set auto for the secondary IDE). Now, I'm getting the error message that the WIN ASPI file "wnaspi32.dll" cannot be found. I see this file in the Nero folder, and also believe there is another copy on my computer somewhere.

I have Windows ME; firmware 150F; Cendyne Lightning 48x12x48 CD-R...Nero Version 5.5.10.15 (or 5.5.10.15a, I'm not really sure)...

again, sorry bout the length....thanx in advance for any help anyone can offer...i appreciate it...
Post #: 1
RE: WNASPI32.DLL, Windows ME issues...HELP!!! - 4/3/2003 8:36:31 PM   
kamikazee

http://www.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads.htm

Use the link and download Force ASPI 4.60
and the ASPI Check. that should fix it.
Run the ASPI Check first to double check then install the force Aspi and then run the check again.

(in reply to SugarFoots)
Post #: 2
RE: WNASPI32.DLL, Windows ME issues...HELP!!! - 4/3/2003 11:13:51 PM   
SugarFoots

For some reason, early this morning, I just felt like messing with my computer. I'd call it a miracle...Anyways, I decided to remove the Nero I'd installed from the website, and reinstall the version that came with the CD-R drive. Well, lo and behold, the drive was recognize as a burner as well...probelm solved...Thank you Lord...

Thanx anyway kamikazee...i just got impatient...couldn't wait...but i know where to come back to if i need some more help...

It's never too late to live...until you die...

(in reply to SugarFoots)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> WNASPI32.DLL, Windows ME issues...HELP!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI