CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

32x12x40x disc tray popped out!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1053 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> 32x12x40x disc tray popped out! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
32x12x40x disc tray popped out! - 3/30/2003 11:26:03 PM   
Visith

Dear guys,
Just found this forum. I have had a LiteOn 32x12x40x for quite some time now, its a fine burner. Then one day I forgot I had the tray out and my leg hit it from the side as I got up. The disc tray came out and I couldn't put it back together again. I don't think my warranty covers clumsiness. Anywhere I can send this to be fixed or any advice/faqs/howtos on how to fix this?

Thanks
-Eddy
Post #: 1
RE: 32x12x40x disc tray popped out! - 3/31/2003 12:53:30 AM   
john

Probably its not fixable since something must have broken inside (probably where the tray was based). Maybe someone else have another opinion, lets wait and see

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Visith)
Post #: 2
RE: 32x12x40x disc tray popped out! - 3/31/2003 9:00:37 PM   
Dartman

I could pull out the tray on my Plextor readers with out damaging them. Sometimes it took a bit of fidling to get it back in right so it cycled but I always got it working again.
Best bet is to pull it and pop it open. you'll know right away if you broke something or it just came all the way out and might be able to be carefully lined up and put back in.
I haven't had to do a Liteon yet and I see a lot of gears in there but so did the Plex drives. If you didn't outright break a gear you have a chance. If a gear just popped off you might be able to reassemble it and go from there. I have torn all the gears out of the Plex, cleaned them up and like that and reassembled them before.
I believe they had some little clip things on top to hold them together so if you did that look to see if a clip is needed and laying in there some where.
At least if it is toast they aren't $350 to replace anymore :)

(in reply to Visith)
Post #: 3
RE: 32x12x40x disc tray popped out! - 4/5/2003 12:19:02 AM   
Visith

Dear dude,
I took out the drive and took it apart, then shoved the tray back in. The drive works!

Sweet.

Good to know you can fix some of this hightech stuff the same way you fix the low tech (sticking popsicle sticks or forks into them, using duct tape, washing them, etc).

Thanks for the help guys.

(in reply to Visith)
Post #: 4
RE: 32x12x40x disc tray popped out! - 4/6/2003 9:41:53 PM   
Dartman

Great to hear it work out OK :)

(in reply to Visith)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> 32x12x40x disc tray popped out! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI