CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ATI RS400 Puts Intel 915 Graphics To Shame !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 748 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI RS400 Puts Intel 915 Graphics To Shame ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATI RS400 Puts Intel 915 Graphics To Shame ! - 1/8/2005 5:47:40 PM   
SiliconFreak

At the show we manage to see still the unannounced ATI RS400 motherboard. That is the Intel based motherboard with IGP core inside. It was funny to see motherboard with integrated graphic running some proper Shaders in medium quality and to be able to run game such as Far Cry.

We saw this system side by side with Intel's 915G installed, and it was literally killing it in both performance and quality wise. The folks didn’t want to tell that it's testing it against 915G but we did the math.

ATI was running a Far Cry demo on 1280x1024 on medium details res and was still getting playable frame rates that went up even to 50 FPS. The 915G was not even close as it was running at some 10 to 15 FPS and it was not rendering the scene right.

We already spoke about this motherboard back in September here and gave you some details but we believe that this is the first time that ATI has officially showcased the board. When we asked ATI about the board we were told that ATI won't launch it until it has some retail boards ready and we already know that it has at least MSI and Asus designs ready. RS480 boards should be available in the next months or so.

Customers are interested and I believe that Intel finally has some stiff competition in this IGP market.

Source : TheInquirer

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI RS400 Puts Intel 915 Graphics To Shame ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI