CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Your TV, Streamed Everywhere, With The Slingbox !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1247 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Your TV, Streamed Everywhere, With The Slingbox ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your TV, Streamed Everywhere, With The Slingbox ! - 1/8/2005 6:18:14 AM   
SiliconFreak

For those who can't live without their TV, Sling Media's new Slingbox Personal Broadcaster promises to deliver what's in users' homes to Internet-connected devices everywhere.

At the ongoing Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Sling Media this week unveiled the Slingbox Personal Broadcaster. Pitching a concept which aims to enable consumers to watch their live TV programming anywhere, the Slingbox draws on the Internet to stream video from users' homes to laptops and other Internet-connected devices such as handhelds and smartphones.

Accepting video feeds through composite, S-Video and coaxial connections, as well as RCA audio, the Slingbox will at launch be capable of placeshifting a single, live TV stream to an owner's laptop or desktop PC of choice. The solution relies on Windows Media for streaming video, and Sling Media has also implemented proprietary stream optimization technology dubbed 'Lebowski' which the company claims further enhances results.

In addition to the technology housed within the unit itself, the Slingbox will also rely on server software which requires a Windows XP PC with an Ethernet connection to enable device-to-PC connectivity and subsequent Internet streaming.

Sling Media also said it plans to provide downloadable software for handhelds and smartphones as faster wireless networks become available to support a high-quality viewing experience.

The Slingbox Personal Broadcaster is due to ship in the first half of 2005, and will retail for $249 USD with no additional monthly service fees.

Source : InfoSyncWorld

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Your TV, Streamed Everywhere, With The Slingbox ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI