CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DFI Introduces New AMD64 Motherboards, While Jetway Ships More LCD Monitors !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1062 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> DFI Introduces New AMD64 Motherboards, While Jetway Ships More LCD Monitors ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DFI Introduces New AMD64 Motherboards, While Jetway Shi... - 1/6/2005 9:53:52 AM   
SiliconFreak

Two second-tier Taiwan motherboard makers – DFI and Jetway Information – expect their businesses to remain brisk in January, with DFI counting on new AMD64 motherboards and Jetway on LCD monitors, according to sources at the two makers.

With the introduction of two new motherboards, the LANParty NF4 SLI-DR and LANPartyUT NF4 Ultra-D, early this month, DFI expects its January revenues to grow 10% over the NT$190 million it recorded in December last year, said company sources.

The two new models, built using Nvidia nForce4 chipsets, are designed to support the Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) socket-939 Athlon 64 platform, according to product information posted on the company website.

Although DFI’s 2004 combined revenues of NT$2.6 billion were slightly lower than the NT$2.8 billion it recorded in 2003, the company’s gross margin improved substantially last year, said the sources.

Shipments of industrial applied computing platform (ACP) motherboards accounted for 45% of DFI’s total revenues helping gross margins rise to 20% in the second half of 2004, from around 15% in the previous six-month period, said company sources.

Meanwhile, Jetway recorded revenues of NT$4.75 billion in 2004, for an increase of 31% over 2003 and accounting for 110% of its projection, company sources said, attributing the growth to increased shipments of its LCD monitors, in addition to motherboards and graphics cards.

The company shipped 1.1 million motherboards and 639,000 LCD monitors last year, the sources stated, noting that its monthly shipments of LCD monitors hit a record high of 187,000 units in December, compared to 4,000 units shipped in the first half of last year.

Source : DigiTimes

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: DFI Introduces New AMD64 Motherboards, While Jetway... - 1/9/2005 12:08:23 AM   
Cooler

My LANPartyUT nF3 250Gb has same kind of yellow connectors on black board and frankly, they make the MB looking quite stupid. Not to mention same type cables.

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: DFI Introduces New AMD64 Motherboards, While Jetway... - 1/9/2005 6:55:33 PM   
SiliconFreak

Wowww...maybe they mistakenly gave You NF4 and not NF3!?

No really...I personally love such colourfull designs...they look even more stunning if You put them in some very nice case with lots of neon light...mmmmmmmm...

But You probably hate that...I believe You will say something like..."ITS JUST TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!"........Am I right?

Cya.

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 3
RE: DFI Introduces New AMD64 Motherboards, While Jetway... - 1/17/2005 10:49:02 PM   
Cooler

No, the dealer did not make a mistake, but I don't care about that kind of EyeCandy which BTW IS waste of money - You had that coming, eh?!
I would rather have well perfoming than "good looking" computer.

Oh... and I have good news and bad news.
Good news is... if first impression (after latest OS reinstall) are true, I may have found out the reason (and possibly fix?) for my fatal system crashes. I'll let you know if things are still looking bright after few days...
Bad news is... well, my retirement arragments are going to temporarily mess up my income, so I may have to postpone GFX card update yet another month! I said "may", because it's not 100% sure yet...

Post #: 4
RE: DFI Introduces New AMD64 Motherboards, While Jetway... - 1/18/2005 4:39:44 AM   
SiliconFreak

I partly agree with You, Cooler...but in my opinion...it even better to have both WELL PERFORMING + GOOD LOOKING computer... Isnt that true? But I also agree that between those two...the first is MOST important!

So keep us informed about Your discoveries...I hope that now everything will work fine and without crashes and errors... Btw...You said that You reinstalled OS...so I wonder about 2 things...1...which OS did You install now? (same as before or maybe some more Eyecandy one?...and....2....why in first place have You decided to reinstall this State-Of-The-Art OS You've had!? The one that compared to XP, the last one looks like its child...

And dont worry about GFX...because this so-called "bad news" has 2 sub-groups...one bad news and one good news again...the bad news is...that You couldnt play some latest 3D games for this month or so (which is not THAT bad actually)....and the good news is...that You may expect prices to drop meanwhile....so You will save more money if You choose to buy it later...

Take care and enjoy!

Silicon.

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 5
RE: DFI Introduces New AMD64 Motherboards, While Jetway... - 1/19/2005 2:23:43 PM   
Cooler

After latest OS reinstall, no crashes at all. But I did experience strange 16MB->23MB increase of Registry... by just playing 5-6 video files (with Media Player Classic). Strange thing. Defragginf Registry (and page file) did nothing useful...

Oh... what OS? Well, naturally Win2K Pro, of course!
I decided to reinstall it, because of bloated Registry prevented it booting. You know, when size of Registry (actually, System Hive) has become too big and Windows can't load it (with a few other things) into 16MB of memory it has available just at boot time. Yes, XP has the same "feature", but XP is even more bloated at start.

I don't want to return using Win98SE with this computer, EyeCandy BloatXP is out of the question (Take a look at the AMD board for all those troubles with XP!)... and trying out free Windows Server 2003 (180-day?) trial CD resulted a catastrophic loss of data. IOW, there's no point to change OS which has been rock solid before getting these upgrades!

Actually, category of "Bad News" is divided to these sub-categories:
1. Bad News
2. More Bad News
3. Catastrophic Bed News
4. Even more Bad News
5. ...(list goes on and on and on)...

Post #: 6
RE: DFI Introduces New AMD64 Motherboards, While Jetway... - 1/19/2005 3:07:20 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hahaha...I mean...how could that happen to Rock-solid OS like Win2K? That really shouldnt happen!
Btw...I am 99.99% sure that my registry is at least 50% more occupied as Yours was...but I never experienced any problems with it! I mean...it takes longer than it took with clean OS...but...no errors...no lockups...no crashes...nothing....it boots those 5-10seconds longer than when it was clean...but once booting completes...it provides only PURE RAW BRUTAL POWER ....like Ferrariiiiiiii .... And about AMDs problems with XPs...who cares (at least I dont )...they weren't even made for Windows originally ...so let their users install Linux or some similar OS... And all that makes me wonder...why do all people criticize Windows THATTTTT MUCHHHHHHH....yet on the other side...they still use it....thats what i dont understand and never will... Because if for example I dont like red suits...then I simply wont buy or wear them...simple like that...so why dont they choose other OS? Maybe because deep inside of them, they know that it isnt THAT BAD afterall....

Enough said...more work to be done...so lets move on....ENJOY!

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> DFI Introduces New AMD64 Motherboards, While Jetway Ships More LCD Monitors ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI