CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Sanyo Improves Tapeless Camcorder With VPC-C4 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 937 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Sanyo Improves Tapeless Camcorder With VPC-C4 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sanyo Improves Tapeless Camcorder With VPC-C4 ! - 1/4/2005 12:38:26 PM   
SiliconFreak

Following up on the much-lauded Fisher FVD-C1, Sanyo will launch a new, 4.0 MP VPC-C4 version of its flash memory-based still camera slash MPEG4 camcorder under its own brand.

Having received much attention for its curvaceous shapes, the Sanyo Fisher FVD-C1 made a name for itself as the first high-end tapeless camcorder in the market, relying entirely on flash-based memory for taking still pictures and recording video. Now, Sanyo is introducing its successor, the SPV-C4, which offers higher resolution and several tweaks on the feature set of its predecessor.

Still capable of taking both still pictures and recording video, the VPC-C4 boasts a 4.23 Megapixel CCD sensor over the 3.2 Megapixel edition found in the FVD-C1. In addition, Sanyo has added an interpolation mode which will allow users to gain up to 8.0 Megapixel resolution in photos, however the company made no claims as to the results of this process being comparable with output from true 8.0 Megapixel sensors.

The camera offers built-in image stabilization features, and is capable of recording video at 30 FPS in VGA resolution at 640 x 480 pixels. As with its predecessor, the sole means of storing both images and video is by means of user exchangeable SD Cards, with Sanyo listing an 1 GB card as capable of holding one hour of maximum-resolution video.

A 5.8x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom can be applied to both picture taking and video recording, and the camera is also capable of shooting still images whilst simultaneously recording video. Other features include auto focus and a macro mode, as well as built-in flash, support for 48 KHz, 16-bit stereo sound in AAC format.

Also bundled with the camera will be a docking station complete with an Infrared remote control which will allow users to control playing back images and video directly to a compatible TV set. For transferring data to PCs, the camera supports USB 2.0, and is also Pictbridge compatible for direct-to-printer connectivity.

Measuring 4.3" x 2.7" x 1.3" and weighing in at 6.3 oz including battery, the included battery will according to Sanyo allow for up to one hour of video recording. As the the first digital camera to be introduced in the U.S. market under the Sanyo brand name, the VPC-C4 is scheduled for availability in the first half of 2005 with its suggested retail price yet to be announced.

Source : InfoSyncWorld

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Sanyo Improves Tapeless Camcorder With VPC-C4 ! - 1/6/2005 7:56:33 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I could have sworn the subject line said "topless camcorder"

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Sanyo Improves Tapeless Camcorder With VPC-C4 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI