CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Command and Conquer - Generals   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1288 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Command and Conquer - Generals Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command and Conquer - Generals - 3/25/2003 11:17:24 AM   
Eunza

When i first bought this game i installed it fine and it ran without problems but now i have a big fat scratch down my second CD so when i try to install it using the backup i made it says insert disk..
I'm guessing this is because of copy protection so ive sent off for a new cd but while i'm waiting i'm trying to figure out how to get past it..

Heres some info:
1. Software: CloneCd 3.0.5.1, Nero 5.5.4.0

2. Protection: Dummyfiles, Illegal TOCs (cloney XXl)

3. Burner: (Creative CDRW 12-10-32)

4. Reader: same drive for reader

5. Operating system: Win2000

Is it possible to copy the 2nd Cd even though it has been copied with protection in the first place?
thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Command and Conquer - Generals - 3/25/2003 1:15:49 PM   
Tron

First get an upgrade on your CloneCD, that should give you a tray icon. Then rightclick that icon and select the "Hide Media" option and see if that copy wont work then. Just for information, the "Hide Media" and "Amplify Weak Sectors" options are not available if you live in the US or Japan. So if you were to move your computer to Canada lets say, those options would be available to you. Just some info you might find useful.....

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to Eunza)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Command and Conquer - Generals Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI