CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Consumer Electronics Products The Top Holiday Searches At Yahoo Shopping !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1070 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Consumer Electronics Products The Top Holiday Searches At Yahoo Shopping ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Consumer Electronics Products The Top Holiday Searches ... - 12/31/2004 8:28:48 AM   
SiliconFreak

Consumer electronics retailers did well – or not – this year, to a greater extent depending on whether they had an online presence and the effectiveness of their web search strategy, if results from Yahoo Shopping are any indication. Digital camera, Nintendo DS, iPod, PlayStation2 and Xbox were December’s top searches on Yahoo Shopping.

Digital camera, Nintendo DS and iPod also were the top Yahoo Shopping searches Thanksgiving week, with portable DVD player and furniture coming in at numbers four and five, respectively. Thanksgiving week, Xbox and PlayStation 2 ranked only in the 12 and 15 spots.

Consumers turned to the web for their own needs as well as gifting purposes. Top Christmas-related queries at Yahoo Shopping in the month of December included Christmas ornament, Christmas stockings, Christmas cards and Christmas trees.

Yahoo Shopping also reported that since last year, the portal has seen “significant growth” in traffic to categories newer to online retail including home and garden, jewelry and furniture, indicating that consumers are becoming more comfortable with online shopping across a broader variety of categories. Overall, according to Yahoo Shopping, traffic to the shopping portal is up in the range of 30% - 40% over last year.

Source : InternetRetailer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Consumer Electronics Products The Top Holiday Searches At Yahoo Shopping ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI