CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Hacker attacks McDonald's Website In China !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1230 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Hacker attacks McDonald's Website In China ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hacker attacks McDonald's Website In China ! - 12/27/2004 9:51:50 AM   
SiliconFreak

An angry Chinese iternet user hacked into the local website of McDonald's after the fastfood giant listed Taiwan as an independent country, state media said on Monday.

The attack was discovered by internet users on Saturday as they got onto the McDonald's site only to discover it had turned black with the words "Chinese Hacker" written in large red letters, the Beijing News reported.

Under this headline, the hacker stated the action had been launched to protest that Taiwan had been listed as an independent country on the McDonald's website. In was unclear if this referred to the Chinese or the global site.

"Taiwan is an inalienable part of China," the hacker was quoted by the paper as stating, in rhetoric reminiscent of official Chinese declarations.

"Any attempt to separate Taiwan from China or to obstruct reunification is doomed to failure."

McDonald's China had no immediate comment on Monday.

The company's Chinese-language website had been restored as of early on Monday while its international website still listed Taiwan as a "Country/Market".

China considers Taiwan, ruled separately since the end of a civil war in 1949, a part of its territory awaiting reunification.

Foreign enterprises with business in China often run afoul of local sensitivities, especially in their promotional activities.

A TV ad for US sports manufacturer Nike featuring American basketball player LeBron James was recently banned in China.

In the 90-second promo James defeats a kung fu master, two women in traditional Chinese attire and a pair of dragons, considered a sacred symbol in Chinese culture.

Source : News24
Post #: 1
RE: Hacker attacks McDonald's Website In China ! - 12/28/2004 2:54:40 AM   
Cooler

Would anybody be surprised to hear later that the "angry chinese internet user" was on goverment payroll all the time and this was part of his/hers job all along? I don't think so...

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Hacker attacks McDonald's Website In China ! - 12/28/2004 7:37:12 AM   
SiliconFreak

My personal opinion is the same Cooler...and I really dont see the reason why Taiwan cant be free country...not just in the eternal claws of China... The main point why they dont want to let it go...is of their technological advance and knowledge......but then again...doesnt China promotes itself as tomorrows new World's greatest power...like next best-of-the-best...and that they would overshadow USA in couple of Years.......in that case they could easily miss one "poor little" Taiwan...

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Hacker attacks McDonald's Website In China ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI