CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Nero has virus   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 744 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Nero has virus Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nero has virus - 3/22/2003 2:59:31 PM   
netman

i also have a major problem with norton utilities. they seem to be fairly effective but they use way too many system resources. our company gives me norton corporate version to protect my servers and all it seems to do is let me know when i've already gotten a new virus. and when it runs in the background (as it should on servers) it really slows the machine down.

zonealarm is a great firewall but it is a pain to set up initially, especially for beginners with firewalls. i also encounter problems sometimes when users on my networks have it running on their machines. of course most of those problems stem from their incorrect configuration of it.

i would recommend fsecure for an antivirus and sygate personal firewall for a firewall. fsecure uses three scanning engines and is hardly noticable running in the background, even on machines with low horsepower. it is not the cheapest solution but it doesn't use up all of your machines resources just checking for virii. the sygate personal firewall is easier to set up and it's also free. it does a comparable job to zonealarm.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 17
RE: Nero has virus - 3/24/2003 11:31:49 PM   
mnadeem

hi
i have also running home net work after installing noerton firewall i have problem with my second system , i can not acsess many home page from internet or have to wait many hours , why is that . second when i can acsess an browser with my server why can not with second . IN 2000 I HAVE BOTH SYSTEM WITH WIN98 that time no problem yet first system xp and second win98 . iam usin dsl786 .
and there is another thing can any one tell me where can i have all type of format for multimedia , becouse after burning with nero when go to see the film , found no klass or format .

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 18
RE: Nero has virus - 3/29/2003 8:15:19 PM   
LLayr

for a simple effective firewall thats actually fun to use, try hacktracer 2.2.5
for a fun backstop to the firewall use this popup stopper ems free surfer mk II, check the lock home page setting and everything in the washboard except typed urls
i'm on the net over 40 hours a week, have a collection of virii going back over 15 years, and have only recieved 1 unsolicited virus (as an email attachment) the thing to fear is trojan bots, try this little ap josh siok's trojan security.

recently tested ZAP and norton, together and separate, they confuse the user and each other, and are very uninformative, typical of norton,[xx(] the very first program i wrote on an ibm used dynamic keyboard because norton said in THE PETER NORTON PROGRAMMER'S GUIDE TO THE IBM PC (the pink shirt book) and I quote "41E...The keyboard buffer...It is not wise to mess with any of this data." he likes to keep secrets.[V] i wrote a two line basic program to analyze the buffers behavior (it took five minutes 'cause i had never touched an ibm b4)[^] and 10 minutes to write the proggy. not a "virus", though it coulda bin.[}:)] was a self contained extensible database.(under 1k) the only norton product i use is an OLD non-networked commander (no cd capability even with dos drivers loaded)[V] I refuse to reverse engineer. and am too busy to engineer a workaround. anybody got any ideas on how to make it work with cds?[?] i use it for installs right now but it would be slick to be able to udf thru it to cd...[:p]
oh yeah, disable file and printer shareing and only use the tcp protocol. (hic)[:o)]

thedoctorisin@sasktel.net
******be-right-back******
beer: its good for what ales ya

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 19
RE: Nero has virus - 4/2/2003 12:11:54 AM   
mnadeem

hi
i have try to load the software you have told me but unfotunatly can not found any links and the the links witch are comming can not bare at day time [xx(]

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 20
RE: Nero has virus - 4/2/2003 12:16:40 AM   
mnadeem

hi
i have new qustion can i burn tha data from second system with netzwork , becouse i have two system installed , and also want to know if yes can nero do the job .my system is direct conection with hub and dsl modem and netz link [?]
thanks

(in reply to mnadeem)
Post #: 21
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Nero has virus Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI