CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1547 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/22/2004 8:53:49 PM   
SiliconFreak

HOUSTON (AP) - If the weather cooperates, the International Space Station should be visible at various times during the holidays from the continental United States, NASA said Tuesday.

On Christmas morning, the orbiting station should be visible during the predawn hours, NASA said. That day, a Russian cargo ship carrying food and supplies is scheduled to dock with the station.

The space station will appear as a steady white pinpoint of light as it moves across the sky, NASA said, and can be seen by the naked eye or with binoculars.

Since the station will fly by at five miles a second, it may be visible only for a minute or less, the space agency said.

The 200-ton station should be visible on various days between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day from the continental United States. To see when the station is visible in various regions, go to: http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/isssightings

Source : CNN

Added by SiliconFreak : Check it out - the site also includes list of many major cities across the World, where ISS could be seen daily...

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 12/23/2004 11:00:19 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/23/2004 7:17:30 AM   
Cooler

LOL... state of art NASA technology seen via link?:
"Johnson Space Center Page Error"
Maybe the space station becomes visible while it's falling down, because errors of NASA?
Maybe this link work better?

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/23/2004 9:01:55 AM   
PatM

For anyone interested, there is a free satellite tracking program available called SatScape.

You can find it HERE

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 3
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/23/2004 11:06:41 AM   
SiliconFreak

hi buddies...

Cooler...What error again? Cant be....!? Maybe You played Generals too much...or the computer got infected by their (General's) error messages.... Try again and click on "Track where the Space Station is right now by clicking here." on the page that loads...

PatM....Thanks for great info! Will surely give it a try...I checked the webpage and screenshots of program and looks really nice! Thank You!

Enjoy!

(in reply to PatM)
Post #: 4
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/23/2004 11:28:25 PM   
Cooler

SF, the error I mentioned. I got it right after clicking the link you mentioed again!
Now i don't get the error message again... but nothing useful appears either!
As I can't attach screenshot, I don't bother to explain more - One picture tells more that 1000 words?

Edit: PM'd with (26kB) screenshot of the page I get...

< Message edited by Cooler -- 12/23/2004 11:31:17 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/24/2004 5:59:18 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hi!

I got Your Screenshot...so my opinion is...that...either 2K jokes with You again...or...You just dont have some software or plug-in needed to display info...but that would be strange...because when I first visited this page it didnt need to install anything....dunno... Just wonder...have You waited some 5-10 seconds for that tracker to load? Because it takes sometime...but not more than 10 seconds... I was worried that the ISS may have crashed....since You said its not visible...but I checked and its still there...and there are also all kind of interesting infos there...like...that its moving with 27.000Km/h at the moment or 7600Meters/second.......and there is also live map of the world with its current possition which changes live........and also temperature....pressure...and there is also ZOOM option...to zoom tha map...nice idea...

Sooooooo....I am sending you 2 screenshoots....1st of tracker loading info...and 2nd of the map itself...then try to make it work...

Btw...do You have some popup blocker installed? In that case maybe it could blocked the option to install this tracker plugin or something...check that out also...although like I said...I dont remember that I had to install anything upon my first visit there...

Good luck and send us news update General....

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 12/24/2004 6:11:58 PM >

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 6
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/24/2004 7:17:34 PM   
MP3Mogul

It all works for me!

Post #: 7
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/24/2004 7:30:24 PM   
SiliconFreak

Nice to hear that......so where is the ISS at the moment? Scanning CDRInfo's site from atmosphere above us?

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 8
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/28/2004 2:42:37 AM   
Cooler

Popup blocker? Uh, oh...
I totally forgot PopUpCop, so the reason for page not showing correctly is likely because of that!
This translates as "/me deleting the link as unusable", as i don't ease up my settings easily...

Post #: 9
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/28/2004 7:28:44 AM   
SiliconFreak

I didnt said that popup blocker was 100% responsible for not displaying your ISS properly...its just that MAYBE it may be one of the possible resons...

So...You didnt said if it works now!?

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 10
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/28/2004 8:09:50 PM   
Cooler

No I did not, because it is'nt.
It could work without PopUpCop or other restrictive software, but I don't disable them!
It's like asking to leave door open for "new unknown friends" while owner is away.
TITS, that's not going to happen.

Post #: 11
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/28/2004 9:24:48 PM   
SiliconFreak

I guess no live ISS coverage for You then......or...shall I make some calls here...and arrange few things so that we would host that same live broadcast on CDRInfo's homepage? And the header would read..."LIVE ISS ON SPECIAL DEMAND FROM OUR GREATEST - EL PARANOIDO"...

No really...I understand Your concerns...so be it...but...I guess NASA wouldnt plant You anything...

Cya.

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 12
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/29/2004 5:09:26 PM   
Cooler

Well, next time I order to make space station, I'll make sure I can get information in real time!

Post #: 13
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/29/2004 7:28:45 PM   
SiliconFreak

Does that mean that You're gonna change 2K for XP at last???

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 14
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/31/2004 4:04:24 AM   
Cooler

Of course not!
EyeCandyXP is and it it always will be similar "skip-this-OS" as WinME!
Next step is either WS2003... or jump straight into 64-bit OS... excluding EyeCandyXP64, of course!

Post #: 15
RE: Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! - 12/31/2004 7:41:27 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hahaha...ok ok ok...like Joe Said......but...to install WS2003 wont be some major step from 2K I guess...then its better as You said...to go straight to 64bit...but if You again exclude XP64...then there wont be much left to choose from... How about Longhorn? I guess that it would be even more EyeCandy for You than XP...

Maybe its time to go back to our roots...and start with DOS3.1...without any EyeCandy effects...only pure POWER...

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Space Station May Be Visible Over Holidays ! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI