CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1269 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game ! - 12/22/2004 7:52:49 PM   
T3TRISizer

A teenage girl who was photographed topless, apparently during Spring Break at South Padre Island, is now a "prize" in a video game that rewards players by revealing images of topless women.

"The Guy Game," available for about $40 for the popular Xbox and Playstation game consoles, touts "over 60 smokin' coeds" in its advertising, which plays to the "Girls Gone Wild" set: "Real video of actual Spring Break Hotties."

The problem is, the girl was 17 when she was photographed, which not only raises questions about the legality of the material, but renders moot any consent she may have given, according to a lawsuit filed Monday in Travis County District Court. advertisement

In the suit the girl, identified as Jane Doe, asked that any copies of "The Guy Game" with her in it be pulled from distribution. A judge granted a temporary restraining order prohibiting Microsoft, Sony and others from selling any of the games which used the girl's image, voice and name. The game was developed by two Austin software companies.

A spokesman for the parent company of one of the defendants, Gathering of Developers Inc., declined to comment. None of the others defendants could be reached for comment Monday.
Full story...

Source : Cox News Service
Post #: 1
RE: Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game ! - 12/23/2004 7:41:02 AM   
Cooler

Nice entrapment! Looks like the girl pre-arranged her payday very neatly: "I'll let them take a bunch of pictures - If I'm lucky, the pictures will get publiced in some way and I can sue big company in future and make a living for rest of my life. And it does not hurt to get publicity, because I can sell then even more photos..."

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
RE: Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game ! - 12/23/2004 11:24:03 AM   
WinThusiast

Hahahaha...exactly...smart girl......just wonder why noone wants to take pictures of me, so I could use the same method...!?

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 3
RE: Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game ! - 12/23/2004 12:09:34 PM   
SiliconFreak

Yes, she sure did great job...wish I was a girl for at least a day...

(in reply to WinThusiast)
Post #: 4
RE: Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game ! - 12/24/2004 12:41:51 AM   
Cooler

WT,
Perhaps you're not looking good enough... or show enough?

SF,
You want to be a girl?
That's scary...

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 5
RE: Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game ! - 12/24/2004 5:36:39 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahaha... Sure...for A DAY I said...which would be more than enough to turn this world upside down I guess...marry some Millionare...then get divorced in the afternoon...take his money...and come back to post in our forum the day after (transformed back into man)...and loaded with $$$...and the last post would be...BYE MEMBERS, VISIT ME SOMETIMES IN MY HAWAIIAN VILLA-YOU ARE ALL WELCOME... *JOKE* I just couldnt do that...even if I would have millions of $$$ in my hand...just couldnt leave such superb members as CDRInfo members sure are...

And why scary, Cooler? Maybe I would turn into some nice hot blonde like Pamela or maybe into nice brunette like Angelina Jolie alias Lara Croft...

Lets go to work...we are daydreaming again...

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 12/24/2004 5:38:56 PM >

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 6
RE: Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game ! - 12/28/2004 3:34:38 AM   
Cooler

I had fun when few friends were visiting recently, as they saw commercial (about TV show coming soon) with tagline "would you want to date this girl?" and a link to website for joining to the line of candidates. Most of the guys were drooling after that girl and after I pointed out some suspicious details i observed, they clearly were on denial. A little detective work... and they started to look scary... as the "girl" was not a girl after all!

So, guy-girl differences can be a bit scary for some people sometimes.
OTOH, wanting to be something which is (not hard, but) impossible is usually scary, as if not giving up, said someone may try to reach truly extreme measures... for nothing.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 7
RE: Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game ! - 12/28/2004 7:43:06 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahahahaa...

No comment on that....its 100% true!

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Teen Sues Over Topless Pictures In Video Game ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI