CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Problems with audio protections   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1083 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> Problems with audio protections Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with audio protections - 3/11/2003 11:44:14 AM   
rigor

Hy everybody, I got a big question for all of you……..please help me because I can’t sleep at night.
I got this music cd called “Ballroom choice” (various artists) and I want to make a copy for my car.
On the box there is written “copy protected” with no specifications on which is the protection used. When I put the cd in my cd writer (traxdata cdr412Pro Scsi, old I know!) it keeps searching for tracks till system freezes. If I put it in my dvd/cd rom player it makes the same things except when I use the “post-it trick”.In this case it just shows the tracks as cda file, but if I double-click on them no sound comes out of the speaker. Recently I bought a notebook, and its player (dvd/cdrw) finds the tracks without post-it or other tricks, but it can’t play songs either. So, I tried with EAC in both PCs, but the result is that it seems to extract the songs saving them, but the PEAK LEVEL is 0.00%, and the songs are muted. No sound at all! Maybe I should use different programs but I read on this forum that you always suggest EAC, because it should be the best.
My question is: is there a way to extract these damn songs and save them as a .wav files? (Possibly without post-it or pen trick), and make them “listenable”.
Plese help me because this thing is taking all my free time and I got other things to do! (girlfriend…)
'bye
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with audio protections - 3/11/2003 8:38:45 PM   
MP3Mogul

EAC does extract the songs as wave files. Maybe your writer/reader cannot successfully rip this protected CD. I am not quite sure. If this is the case, Download CloneCD and you can sucessfully make a copy of the CD. It wont RIP the CD, but it will let you make a backup copy.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to rigor)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with audio protections - 3/12/2003 12:46:49 PM   
rigor

Hi man....
I believe to what you're saying, but do you really think that all of my 3 CD readers (1 CD-Writer, 1 DVD reader, 1 DVD/CDRW) do not support EAC ripping? To me, there must be a trick or something else, and for people like me that always want to find the solution, this is pretty not acceptable. Now it is just a war between me & this damn disc. I will keep tying with all king of programs!
If somebody has any suggestion, please let me know asap.
Any help would be much appreciated!
'Bye

(in reply to rigor)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems with audio protections - 3/14/2003 10:16:06 AM   
rigor

Hi again to all...
I'm writing this to ask you an help on the same subjet. Yesterday I tried to copy the above mentioned cd
because there were no possibility to extract the songs with any kind of software.
So, I decided to make a backup copy with Clone CD (ver. 4.2). The really strange thing is that after having
set all settings on CCD I launched the image writer thing, and SURPRISE SURPRISE...the bar with the % was going really fast
from 0% to 100% but the pc was NOT reading from the CD. I am sure of this because the led on the CD drive was off, and also because as I did
this job on my notebook I can clearly feel when the CD drive starts going because of the noise and of the vibration.
The result is that I have an empty image of that cd. If I open it with the virtual drive of ccd, I can see all song but needless to say, if
I double click on it, they are mute.
I am sure that this weird protection will interest a lot of you guys, and I also hope that at least one of you can suggest me
the right solution.
I'm waiting here for your comments...please help me on this war against technbology! Our weapon will be...technolgy too!
See ya!

(in reply to rigor)
Post #: 4
RE: Problems with audio protections - 3/14/2003 1:52:21 PM   
MP3Mogul

Rigor,

I collect CD's but I do not have this particular title. Download Clony XXL and it will tell you exactally what copy protection is on the cd. I feel that we will be better able to help you once we know what protection is on the CD.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to rigor)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> Problems with audio protections Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI