CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Sony Brings Rally To The PSP !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 679 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Sony Brings Rally To The PSP ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sony Brings Rally To The PSP ! - 12/17/2004 11:10:17 PM   
T3TRISizer

Proving that handheld racing games aren't going to look silly any more.

With the newfound power of new handhelds like the PSP, portable gaming is about to get a lot more fancy. One of the genres that has suffered the most from low hardware power is the 3D driving game. As part of its launch line-up, Sony will release WRC, a 3D rally title designed specifically to take advantage of the power offered by the PSP.

Far from being a simple port of its PlayStation 2 sibling, WRC features remodelled versions of the licensed tracks and cars, and, most importantly, a more arcade-like gameplay style better suited to portable gaming.

And while rally racing is generally solitary experience - with your navigator, of course - WRC will allow for up to eight players to take each other on using the PSP's WiFi capability.

WRC will also support downloadable content later in its life, allowing players to get hold of new cars and tracks.

Battery life is a major concern - especially since the PSP appears to be sensitive to how developers use the optical drive.

To ensure that your session isn't cut short prematurely, the developers have come up with a new way of loading tracks, which themselves have been redesigned for the best battery consumption.

WRC has been tentatively scheduled to release at or near the launch of the PSP this spring.

Source : Kikizo

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Sony Brings Rally To The PSP ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI