Ok, I was a little curious so I decided to just try the NEC-2510A FW from TDB, but I went with the MadDog 2F8 instead of the 2.17 since it supports bitsetting for all DVD+R(W)...again not a big deal right now for me, but why not since it has the same write strategies as the 2.17.
I'll report back after doing some backups onto DVD+/-R and DVD+RW...no DL media at the moment.
- Verbatim DVD+RW @2.4x works ok
- Booktype on drive was set to DVD-ROM for DVD+R(W) and +R DL, but media was still set to DVD+RW.
- Nero 220.127.116.11 was set to "Current recorder setting", so it should have set it to DVD-ROM right?
- Is this the NEC firmware bug that requires a brand new DVD+RW for this to work?
- Ok, I set Nero's booktype to DVD-ROM and it worked. I also did a Full Erase on the DVD+RW so I'm not precisely sure which did it, but using Nero CD-DVD Speed's bitsetting tool, it shows the media type as DVD+RW and booktype as DVD-ROM.
< Message edited by tqhoang -- 12/15/2004 6:58:25 PM >
M$ Windows XP SP2
ASUS A7V8X BIOS 1015.003
AthlonXP Barton 3000+
NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT AGP
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Fw FS0J
NEC ND-2100A@2510A Fw 2.0A
NEC ND-6750A Fw 2.42
NEC AD-7170A Fw 1.O4
Plextor Premium Fw 1.07
Plextor PX-716UF Fw 1.11