CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ATI Rebuts Nvidia With Counter-Claims !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1451 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI Rebuts Nvidia With Counter-Claims ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATI Rebuts Nvidia With Counter-Claims ! - 12/10/2004 4:45:27 PM   
SiliconFreak

Taking umbrage to Nvidia's recent campaign through direct mailers to channel partners and media, graphics manufacturer ATI has hit back saying it can point out hundred flaws in Nvidia chipsets.

The Nvidia mailers, quoting a US-based review site, pointed out that ATI had problems with USB on its newest Radeon Xpress 200 chipsets. The USB controller in the Radeon Xpress 200 south bridge is about half the speed of Intel and VIA solutions, and it uses twice as much CPU time.

Responding strongly, Suki Matharu, country manager, ATI India, said, "We can point out 100 flaws with Nvidia drivers and its cards. They cheat the consumers all the time. We can actually kill them as our products are far better.'

According to ATI, it enjoys a worldwide market share of 51 percent as compared to Nvidia's share of less than 45 percent.

Matharu further added, “We take the interest of the consumers at large, unlike Nvidia. The users of Nvidia 6800 GT will realize that its technology is not good enough to support the next generation graphics that Longhorn or 64-bit needs.”

ATI had also indicated that Nvidia's SLI (scalable link interface) capable motherboards has number of driver bugs, defective BIOS components, lack of product availability for months, poor game compatibility, visual artifacts, high cost, excessive heat and noise, and the list goes on.

Meanwhile, ATI is considering a possibility of conducting series of roadshows next year with graphics manufacturer Powercolour. Motherboards manufacturer Sapphire, which use ATI graphic processing unit (GPUs) is also set to enter the Indian market, next month.

Source : ChannelTimes
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI Rebuts Nvidia With Counter-Claims ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI