CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

U.S. Officials Raid Stores, Arrest 2 In Game Piracy !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1171 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> U.S. Officials Raid Stores, Arrest 2 In Game Piracy ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
U.S. Officials Raid Stores, Arrest 2 In Game Piracy ! - 12/9/2004 12:27:07 PM   
T3TRISizer

Federal authorities raided three Washington, D.C.-area video game stores and arrested two people for modifying video game consoles to play pirated video games, a video game industry group said on Wednesday.

The Entertainment Software Association said the Dec. 1 raids at three Pandora's Cube stores in Maryland and Virginia were a joint effort of the U.S. Department of Justice's computer crimes unit, the U.S. Attorney's Office for Maryland and the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Authorities arrested two store employees on charges of conspiracy to commit copyright infringement and conspiracy to traffic in a device that circumvents technological protection measures, the ESA said.

"One of them is someone who has a more substantial role with the company," said Chunnie Wright, anti-piracy counsel to the ESA. She could not provide more details due to the ongoing nature of the criminal case.

A spokesman for the Justice Department declined to comment on what, if anything, was seized during the raids. He said the department has not released details yet on the monetary value of what was allegedly pirated.

Source : Reuters
Post #: 1
RE: U.S. Officials Raid Stores, Arrest 2 In Game Piracy ! - 12/10/2004 12:44:33 AM   
Cooler

I can't help feeling sorry for U.S. people having so ridiculous(sp?) laws that modding consoles for using backups is illegal there?!

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> U.S. Officials Raid Stores, Arrest 2 In Game Piracy ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI