CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nikon CoolPix 8800 Review !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1436 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Nikon CoolPix 8800 Review ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nikon CoolPix 8800 Review ! - 12/7/2004 2:34:58 PM   
T3TRISizer

The flagship of Nikon's Coolpix series, the Coolpix 8800 offers the longest zoom range available in the 8- megapixel category, and is the first 8-megapixel 10X zoom digital camera with Vibration Reduction (VR). VR automatically detects and compensates for the small camera movements that cause image blur. This offers the user the ability to shoot at shutter speeds up to three stops slower without the risk of camera vibrations blurring the image. It features an 8.0 megapixel effective CCD (3,264 x 2,448-pixels) and a 10x Optical (35-350mm) Nikkor lens, with Nikon's Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements. It has a high resolution (235,000 pixel) electronic viewfinder (EVF) for through-the-lens viewing and a 1.8" vari-angle color LCD monitor.

This is one of the first Coolpix cameras with full i-TTL flash capability (when used with external SB-600 and SB-800 Speedlights), which gives the user complete control over the flash unit’s zoom head. Additionally, combining a number of high-end Nikon technologies, a feature called Auto Color Enhancement accurately records, assesses and fine-tunes the colors within images to achieve more vivid results.

READ FULL REVIEW HERE...

Coolpix 8800 Features:
8-Megapixel resolution CCD imager (3,264 x 2,448-pixels)
Nikkor 10x zoom (35-350mm in 35mm equivalent) with ED glass
Macro focus with AF as close as 1.2"
Fully articulating 270°, 1.8" color LCD monitor
Electronic viewfinder (EVF) with 235,000 pixels
CompactFlash Type II card slot (Microdrive compatible)
Record images in TIFF-RGB, JPEG or RAW (NEF) format
Programmed Auto (with Shift), Shutter-Priority, Aperture-Priority and Full Manual
Drive modes: Single, Continuous H, Continuous L, Ultra High Speed Continuous, 16-Shot Multi, and 5-shot buffer
15 pre-programmed Scene Modes, including Panorama Assist Mode
Shutter speeds from 1/3000 sec. to 8 secs (Bulb to 10 minutes!)
Five Movie modes to choose from including B&W and Sepia
Interval Timer shooting, choose interval between images from 30 secs. to 60 min.
7-bladed iris diaphragm for true depth of field control
Five-area multi autofocus system, user-selectable and Spot-AF
256-segment Matrix Metering, Center-weighted or Spot
Noise Reduction for long exposures
ISO sensitivity of Auto, 50, 100, 200, 400
Matrix Auto White Balance plus Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Speedlight, Shade and Custom Preset
Built-in flash with Auto, Cancel, Auto with red-eye reduction, Fill, Slow sync, and Rear-curtain sync
Hotshoe for external Nikon Speedlights
PictBridge and Epson PRINT Image Matching Technology compatible
USB 2.0 (High-Speed) port for image download/remote control
EN-EL7 Li-ion battery and charger included
Included ML-L3 remote control

Source : Steves-Digicams

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Nikon CoolPix 8800 Review ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI