CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Red Alert 3 On the Way ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 458 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Red Alert 3 On the Way ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/7/2004 11:06:44 AM   
T3TRISizer

You may be aware that the Command & Conquer games have a newsletter to, well, keep fans updated on the series. What you may not be aware of is that Mark Skaggs, Vice President and Executive Producer over at EA, dropped a bomb on the email list by announcing another game set in the Red Alert universe, as reported by our friends over at PlanetCNC. And an exclusive newsletter announcement that stayed exclusive for approximately three and half seconds, Mr. Skaggs had this to say, in part:

"...We have a MAJOR announcement to make and we are making it exclusively to our long time C&C fans. This announcement is not going out to the press and it won't appear on the EA website or anywhere else online. We are very proud to announce that the team that brought you Command & Conquer(TM) Red Alert 2(TM), Command & Conquer(TM) Yuri's Revenge, and Command & Conquer(TM) Generals has officially started work on our next project set in the Red Alert universe!"

We'll have more info as the story develops. Let's just hope it's not a sequel to Renegade.

Source : IGN
Post #: 1
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/7/2004 5:44:50 PM   
Cooler

Yesss... FINALLY! I've been waiting more C&C games for AGES!
/me drooling...

< Message edited by Cooler -- 12/7/2004 5:45:31 PM >

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/8/2004 8:08:35 AM   
SiliconFreak

Great info indeed!

Cant wait to hear those familiar sounds like "Yes, General", "Particle cannon ready, General", "We build for China...", "Shall I push this button?", etc, etc...mmmmmmm...

I just hope they add some new "deadly machines" and that they stay on their course as with C&C Generals : Zero hour...so not to make too complicated commands to play, and to add lots of great new visual and other effects (but I guess they will do that like they did so far...PERFECTLY!)

When will it be released? Any idea anyone?

*SF-OUT*

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 3
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/8/2004 9:24:08 PM   
Cooler

I recall reading (via PlanetCnC link?) that it's not released in near future - Maybe at spring or summer? Me and my poor memory...

As for Generals and ZH add-on... I got tired to play it, because my current setup (specially this lousy GF4 MX440) is not enough for good play!
I got a bit pissed off to see too commonly that dreaded "Serious error" window, but after I next upgrade I'm installing it again...

I have to admit - Gameplay has always been more important to me than "nice and candy look", which is nowadays too commonly wasting resources and forcing users too fast and furious upgrades. Dune 2 was something spectacular at it's days - I was playing it using big TV as display! Oh, boy... it was looking nice in big screen at 320*200 with 256 colours (MCGA)...

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 4
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/9/2004 10:30:11 AM   
SiliconFreak

Huhhh...next spring......well...I guess we'll just have to wait...

Isnt it Your serious error coming from Nvidia driver problems!??? ATI rullzzzzz... **JOKE**

But I totally agree that gameplay is very important to me also!...I played GENERALS and ZH at 1600 with everything on high...and it surely was great!...although the best effects show their full potential at some First person games...like DOOM3,HALF LIFE 2 and so on....ohhh...HL2 is one of the best games I ever played...those waters and everything looks SOOOOOOO REALLLLL...GREAT ONE REALLY!

Dune 2 You said? It was AWESOME at that time...one of the best games of that time! And how could You play it on TV? Do You have TV out? I think You do...but in that case...You could also play ZH or any other games on TV...and not only at 320x200 I tried to watch some movies on my TV...but the quality just isnt as good as on monitor (You must really be far away from TV so You dont see those BIGGGGGG dots there...and also...TV's quality is like some 800x600 on monitor...so all higher resolutions are much better to watch on monitor ...or if You have some of the newest Plasma TVs or those other digital ones with better resolutions and quality...and with much bigger screen....50" would be enough I guess )....

Lets just wait 4 new C&C...and buy new TV sets till then...we got more that enough time till release...

ENJOY!

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 5
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/10/2004 12:39:47 AM   
Cooler

Dreaded "Serious Error" appeared usually just when things reached the "Sweet Spot" of gaming - You know, the point when action is hectic and you can feel you're just about to reach upperhand of your opponents, after having so hard start at the game. Your heart is pumping like overstressed jet engine, adrenaline practically oozing straight out of your skin and nothing outside of the game matters. And suddenly... BANG!

Imagine seeing here desktop with small window having "Serious Error" message with "OK" button in it. No game, nothing. You don't actually yet understand what happened, as your eyes still see shadow of the game and your mind is not yet "desktop oriented", but in "Generals-mode"...

Laugh as you want, but I just realized how much I miss those game sessions!

Post #: 6
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/10/2004 11:22:37 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahaha (sorry but cant help myself)...I understand totally how You must have felt...it happens to almost each of us sometimes...the problem was in Your Graphics card...so You shouldnt complain, but rather go and buy new card...and then...You would see that that "SERIOUS ERROR" sign would magically dissapear...

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 7
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/12/2004 6:31:10 AM   
Cooler

Well, as I already said in other area of forum, I will get new GFX card a t next week... if local retailer has 6600GT AGP there waiting for me. If not, I have to think something else.

Funny thing is... After installing game, it works just fine some time, but later (somewhat about 50 skirmish games or so?) it starts to have "Serious Error"'s too often. Only way to reduce the appearance of them... is to use less AI's. But that's much less fun!

If I ever win a good pile of money from lottery, I'm getting few good gaming rigs and invite some friends to have "C&C: Generals - Mayhem!" evening here!

Post #: 8
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/12/2004 12:44:03 PM   
SiliconFreak

Huh...strange then...because if the card doesnt support the game or something else...it displays message similar to Yours very soon (mostly right at the beginning)...but in Your case...dunno... Buttt...I am almost 99.99% sure that You wont experience same problems with Your new card! (Or maybe You've not had enough memory-ram at that time so as You were playing and everything...the game demanded more memory which Your computer couldnt provide...and there it was...SERIOUS ERROR...)

And last question....am I also invited to join gaming evening? We could at least play online...with cams on...so I could see Your crying faces when I "PUSH THAT BUTTON" (to innitiate Particle cannon)...

Cya around soon...ENJOY!

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 9
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/15/2004 8:28:34 AM   
Cooler

Oh, I forgot this one:
"Dune 2 You said? It was AWESOME at that time...one of the best games of that time! And how could You play it on TV? Do You have TV out?"
I used to play some weird display adapter (Brand is "Hedaka" - I still have it!) and that was sweet adapter for TV back then.

As it came clear to me, still no GF6600GT AGP on shelves her, so I decided to get minor update (MB & CPU) while waiting another month for better GFX card. At least this new MB should allow me to use AGP 8x and computer being otherwise a bit faster...

After all hardware and other softwares are running, I'll try Generals again...
With my luck it's not running at all with AMD64 equipped Win2K systems.

Post #: 10
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/15/2004 10:42:08 AM   
SiliconFreak

HAhahahahaha....

Lots of prayers...and it might also work on AMD64+Win2K....although....better upgrade to XP...or Linux at least....because now You have like Ferrari's machine inside some old Lada...

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 11
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/19/2004 6:50:35 AM   
Cooler

Having MS EyeCandyXP is like having Lada with 200.000 euro paintjob! It does not move any faster, but must be extra careful when using it. If you can use it (read: weight of paint makes car unsteerable and it has negative effect to car's speed and acceleration!)

Post #: 12
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/19/2004 3:55:15 PM   
SiliconFreak

At least I dont get that "SERIOUS ERROR" message on my painted Lada...and it also looks much better that way...

And finally...it does move faster than 2K...10000000%...and is farrrrrrrrr more stable....more useful...more safeeee....etc etc etc... Tell me about 1 case where 2K is better than XP? One single one? Maybe in displaying SERIOUS ERROR messages? Well...I agree with that...buy I dont have nostalgia about those messages...so You may enjoy in them...and I wont miss them here in XP...

PEACE COOLER....and God Bless You (or Allah if You are....You know who...)

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 13
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/19/2004 11:59:09 PM   
Cooler

Faster in XP than 2k? Uh, oh... that'll be the first program ever doing so!
Let's see what happens to those errors after GFX card update, first... ok?

It's enough if I am blessing me (atheist, you know).

Post #: 14
RE: Red Alert 3 On the Way ? - 12/21/2004 6:22:27 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahahaha....ok...lets wait for more errors then....oppsss....for NO ERRORS I mean...

Btw...(Atheist here also)....but dont tell that to noone....because Al-qaida seeks non-believers....lets hide...

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Red Alert 3 On the Way ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI