CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Hackers Put Stolen Tax Police Database Up For Sale In Moscow !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 487 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Hackers Put Stolen Tax Police Database Up For Sale In Moscow ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hackers Put Stolen Tax Police Database Up For Sale In M... - 11/28/2004 8:21:51 AM   
SiliconFreak

Russian hackers have broken in to the tax authorities’ database and released the information on a CD. Now Russians can pay just over $30 to get access to information about income, address, business, telephone and the financial history of just about anyone in the Moscow region.

Earlier in 2004, a database of tax information on private individuals was released on a disk costing nearly $100, though the price has fallen to 2000 rubles (about $68), the Vedomosti financial daily reported.

The current database includes information on Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov and business tycoon Roman Abramovich, as well as other well known politicians and businessmen.

An official from the Federal Tax Service said it was necessary to find out how such information could have been leaked, but otherwise declined to comment on the hackers.

Officials in the Interior Ministry also declined to comment.

Source : MosNews
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Hackers Put Stolen Tax Police Database Up For Sale In Moscow ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI