CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Mediaexperts opinion wanted (Pi screens included)   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 518 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Mediaexperts opinion wanted (Pi screens included) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mediaexperts opinion wanted (Pi screens included) - 11/19/2004 12:43:54 PM   
a3ke

Hello everybody ,

After doing some research of my own I made following conclusion's , have following findings

Hardware used :

-Plextor PX-712 with latest Official 1.05 Firmware with Plextoos Pro 2.17 for Pi/PO scans
-NEC 3500 AG with latest Beta 2.19 Firmware for burning , all DVD's have been created using the nero Writespeedtestimage

First of al CMC Magnetics 8 x DVD-R (media I have used for a long time)

This media on the NEC writer without a doubt idle media

TDK 8x DVD+R TDK002

Fujifilm Taio Yuden 8x DVD+R YUDEN000T02

All of previous were burned @ original speed (8x) , but with the altered firmware my NEC burns the TDK and the TY as known @ 16 x also

TDK002 8x rated @ 16x

YUDEN000T02 8x rated @ 16x

Now the tabels turn in as @ 8x the Yuden looks better then the TDK but now it's reverse

My Questions to all

Obviously if I didn't have the NEC 16x burner I would stay with The CMC Magnetics media alltough it's hard to come by
My goal is to burns from now on @ high speed (16x)
The Yuden and the Tdk are the only media i could find that i could write @ 16x (the verbatim MCC004 also but it's to pricy , more the double of the Yuden or TDK or CMC)
But write Quality is verry important to me personal , having had many DVD in the past and still now come out of my storagebox and are not readable anymore(IO error ....)partially or completely , also with the CMC i'm using now , I want the best quality burn available in order to not lose most of the times important data wich I can't or hardly afterwards can replace.

-So , what should I do , stay with my DVD-R burning @ 8x (so slow now) ?
-Or should I go to the DVD+R TDK or DVD+R Fujifilm (Taoi Yuden) wich burn at 16x ?
-The scans @ 16x of the TY and the TDK , are them quality burns on a scale of ??/10 ?
-Wich 1 of the 2 to chose for future purschases ? (near future cuz i'm almost out)
-Are PI AND PO errors important for the Burnquality or mostly only PI ?
-What are the how must I define , limits of PI and PO for a perfect superdeluxe quality burn ?

Hope I can get some feedback on my Questions and maybe have helped others with the scans and analysation of my findings

< Message edited by a3ke -- 11/19/2004 12:45:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Mediaexperts opinion wanted (Pi screens included) - 11/19/2004 1:02:21 PM   
Iggy

What is the settings you used in Plextools?

(in reply to a3ke)
Post #: 2
RE: Mediaexperts opinion wanted (Pi screens included) - 11/19/2004 1:20:29 PM   
a3ke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iggy

What is the settings you used in Plextools?

Burst test , middle accuraty , scan all tracks

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 3
RE: Mediaexperts opinion wanted (Pi screens included) - 11/19/2004 1:26:22 PM   
Iggy

OK, this is good.

I believe that you already know the 280 limit for PIE, am I correct? Ignore the POE, they are not too reliable. Can you also run a CDSpeed for all this media? If the graph is 100% smooth then you'll know.

Anyway your scans are reporting excellent writing quality. Although TY had the highest error levels beetween the other media, I believe that all are very good.

(in reply to a3ke)
Post #: 4
RE: Mediaexperts opinion wanted (Pi screens included) - 11/19/2004 2:00:09 PM   
a3ke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iggy

OK, this is good.

I believe that you already know the 280 limit for PIE, am I correct? Ignore the POE, they are not too reliable. Can you also run a CDSpeed for all this media? If the graph is 100% smooth then you'll know.

Anyway your scans are reporting excellent writing quality. Although TY had the highest error levels beetween the other media, I believe that all are very good.

I didn't know about the 280 Pi limit , thx :)

I think that 'll go with the TDK002 media then , all the media In this review/test of mine are all priced almost the same (+- 17€ for a 25 disc cakebox)

As i mentioned before , i'm verry suspicious about write quality since i allready have trown away many DVD that i wrote earlier and that were good burns and few weeks later , unscratched come out of the case and are partially or completely unreadable , that's verry anoying sertainly if 90 % of the data is like impossible to get again , i hate that

-So it's fair to asume that the TDK @ 16x scan earlier is as perfect burn as you can get or could it be better ?
In as the PO scan part , i noticed that most scanners in here don't include PO , so it's not so important PO .... ?

-Because if you look at the Pi Po scans of the CMC media it's like all flat and all other media not , or is for example the burnqualityloss of the CMC in comparison to the TDK @ 16x neglectable ?

And now , the speedscan's of the media as requested (for all i can see , perfect lines )

Speedscan Fujifilm Taio Yuden YUDEN000T02 DVD+R 8x@16x

Speedscan TDK TDK002 DVD+R 8x@16x

Speedscan CMC magnetics CMC MAG AEG DVD-R 8x@8x

Any more reaction's , comments , toughts are welcome

TIA

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 5
[Deleted] - 11/19/2004 2:49:03 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to a3ke)
  Post #: 6
RE: Mediaexperts opinion wanted (Pi screens included) - 11/19/2004 5:13:32 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I prefer not to do Burst tests since they tend to be deceiving. In fact, I think Plextor totally screwed up with them... but that's another story

All the discs look fine, with the exception of the TY @16x.... that looks a little concerning to me, but it should still be ok.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 7
RE: Mediaexperts opinion wanted (Pi screens included) - 11/19/2004 5:43:36 PM   
a3ke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dolphinius_Rex

I prefer not to do Burst tests since they tend to be deceiving. In fact, I think Plextor totally screwed up with them... but that's another story

All the discs look fine, with the exception of the TY @16x.... that looks a little concerning to me, but it should still be ok.

what do you recommend then for me to do to test the media present ?

reason because is like , i need to order media fast and i always go directly to the distributor , verry cheap but i need to take a whole box

****ed up 1 time with buying RitekG05 that was like crapmedia pfff , don't want to make that mistake again

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Mediaexperts opinion wanted (Pi screens included) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI