CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

VA Linux Releases 'VA Balance', A New, Original Load Balancer Solution !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 601 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> VA Linux Releases 'VA Balance', A New, Original Load Balancer Solution ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VA Linux Releases 'VA Balance', A New, Original Load Ba... - 11/18/2004 5:37:05 PM   
LinuxMarshall

VA Linux, a leading provider of Linux solutions for the telecommunications and enterprise systems markets, today announced the release of 'VA Balance', a highly effective, high-availability load balancing software fully integrated with Linux OS and ideally suited to enterprise systems. Advance sales of the VA Balance solution, which satisfies a wide range of systems requirements, will begin immediately, while delivery and full consumer support for the system will be available from January 2005.

VA Balance consists of UltraMonkey, a scalable open-source load balancer software, and VA Core, a GNU/Linux system based on Debian, both of which are developed by VA Linux. VA Balance is a fully integrated solution. The control-configuration-monitoring framework provided by VA Core and the special UltraMonkey load balancing software optimized for VA Core are tightly linked and provide an effective and robust load balancing solution ideal for local area networks.

"Since its inception, VA Linux has been committed to cutting-edge technology and core competences such as Linux kernel," said Tetsuya Ueda, President and CEO of VA Linux in Tokyo. "VA Balance is epochal for our company since it is our first entirely original product, and we are very proud of the technology and the results. VA Linux fully understands each of the system's components, from OS to application software, and can adapt them as required. We are thrilled at introducing VA Balance to the market, since this is the fruit of our commitment to source code level development and support"

With the introduction of VA Balance, VA Linux reinforces UltraMonkey with IP filtering functionality, an SNMP server monitoring facility, and a limiter for the number of simultaneous sessions. Within several months, VA Linux will add further functionality including support for major routing protocols such as RIP or OSPF, easy configuration and management GUIs, and automatic update support for application software packages on monitored servers.

The price of VA Balance will start at 700k Japanese Yen, and maintenance support fees will start at 140k yen annually. VA Linux will aggressively promote this solution to network service providers, data center providers, ISPs, ASPs, as well as partners engaged in deploying solutions based on VA balance.

* VA Balance product page : http://www.valinux.co.jp/en/products/balance/
* VA Core product page : http://www.valinux.co.jp/en/products/core/
* UltraMonkey Project : http://ultramonkey.org/

Source : LinuxElectrons
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> VA Linux Releases 'VA Balance', A New, Original Load Balancer Solution ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI