CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

E Power Warrior Gaming Case Review!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1196 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> E Power Warrior Gaming Case Review! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
E Power Warrior Gaming Case Review! - 11/17/2004 4:58:41 PM   
SiliconFreak

The Warrior incorporates quite a few features and some pretty innovative ideas in a package costing less than $100 bucks to include a 450W PSU. The side panel is definitely one of the best features of the case with its multiple colors dissolving into one another in a constantly changing light show. Coupling that with the ability to turn the LEDs on and off independent of the computer being powered up was a great idea that has been a long time coming and I'm surprised I haven't seen this before from other case manufacturers. The only downside to this is the fact that this PSU is designed for this purpose with a dedicated line to the LEDs. If you choose to replace this PSU, you won't have the option of running the lights while the computer is off.

As cool as the LEDs and side panel are, I really like the door latch mechanism. It's an extremely simple and yet very functional design. Using a magnetic catch keeps the door in place, yet there's no worry of breaking the latch with too much use.

There are a few places where the case could be improved however. While it was very thoughtful to include the PCI-Express VGA connection with the PSU, there should have also been at least one native SATA connector. As we said before, the lack of a SATA connector is more a criticism attributable to the power supply than it is of the case. Though it helps keep the price down, with the construction being steel instead of aluminum, it will make the case a bit heavy to be lugging around to you favorite LAN party location. In spite of this it is too hard not to give the Warrior the credit it deserves with our Editor's Choice award.

Specifications:
Observed Dimensions: 430 x 200 x 450mm
Observed Weight: 8.6 kgs
Construction: Steel
Drive Bays: (4) 5.25" External
(4) 3.5" Internal
(2) 3.5" External
Fans: Included (1) 80mm rear exhaust fan
(2) 80mm side intake fan
Included 450W PSU (PCI-Express ready)
Front USB/Audio ports
Windowed side panel with metal mesh covering (for radiation reduction, according to E Power's website specifications)
Lighted and color changing side panel and front bezel
On/Off button for lighted panel (very cool)
Lighted panel stays on after computer is turned off
Magnetic door hook
Optional CPU air duct

Pros:
Price
Nicely designed front bezel
Windowed side panel with mesh covering
Lots of LEDs
Colors change on the side panel lighting scheme
On/Off switch for the LEDs
Magnetic door catch
Power and HDD LED double as power and reset switch
PCI-Express VGA connection on PSU
The chicks are gonna dig it baby!

Cons:
Steel Construction makes it a bit heavy
No native SATA connections on PSU
Side panel wiring a bit sloppy

READ FULL REVIEW HERE...

Source : OverclockerCafe

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 11/17/2004 5:00:21 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> E Power Warrior Gaming Case Review! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI