CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft Prepares Bigger Push To India !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1130 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Prepares Bigger Push To India ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft Prepares Bigger Push To India ! - 11/13/2004 4:14:38 PM   
WinThusiast

Software giant Microsoft will double the size of a site it's building in Hyderabad, India, according to a report in the Seattle Times.

That said that CEO Steve Ballmer would open the site next week, while it's given up options on a local campus in Washington State.

But, said the newspaper, Microsoft is insisting that it will continue to employ US staff and that the majority of development work will continue in America.

Microsoft has already started to build a 250,000 square foot building in Hyderabad, south India and that will open in January, the newspaper said.

According to World Bank figures, India had a per capita gross national income of $470 in 2002. One quarter of India's one billion plus population is rated as being below the poverty line, according to the World Bank.

The most recent figures from the World Bank show that in 2002 there were 7.2 computers per 1,000 people, and 16.6 million Internet users. High technology exports have been steadily growing over the last four years.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
RE: Microsoft Prepares Bigger Push To India ! - 11/13/2004 6:06:31 PM   
SithTracy

Not sure how that helps an American economy by putting US workers in an unemployment line. My firm has been doing that too and some of my friends can't find work because everybody is scaling back and off-loading staff overseas... But hey, stock prices are going up; someone's getting rich off of it.

(in reply to WinThusiast)
Post #: 2
RE: Microsoft Prepares Bigger Push To India ! - 11/14/2004 4:04:34 PM   
SiliconFreak

I wonder that too 4 a long time...but still havent found final answer...

Its somehow good for investors and executives...but bad for local people who loose their jobs because of that...

Magic circle...thats what it is...never-ending one...

Have a nice day/night...cya

*SF OUT*

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Prepares Bigger Push To India ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI