CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 558 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase - 11/12/2004 2:02:25 PM   
zonker_ca

Help! I don't know if this is a drive or media problem but it seems to be happening on 2 of my drives so I assume it is a media issue.

I am using GQ (great quality)(it's the brand name, not an opinion on its quality) CD-RW 700 MB/80 Min, 4-12X compatible.

I have been able to burn on them at least once. Then I erase them and burn new data on them. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

Currently, I have some disks that are not recognized at all by the drive. I cannot run the "erase disk" function because the application thinks there is no disk in the drive.

Anyone have a similiar experience and/or can give some technical advice?

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase - 11/13/2004 6:36:58 PM   
Iggy

Welcome to CDRinfo's Forum!

I had the same experience in the past. The truth is that the CDRW are not too reliable. Anyway get the latest firmware for your drive and the latest version of your software. If the problem still exists then it is for sure the media, which also I assume since you tried in two different drives.

(in reply to zonker_ca)
Post #: 2
RE: GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase - 11/13/2004 7:32:08 PM   
Cal 01

To add to what Iggy says, also if you are using two different drives to erase the media it can cause a problem too. I've found that if I use my "Plextor Premium" drive to erase a CD RW disc then try to write on that same disc with my CyberDrive drive it causes a problem in writing to that disc. Because those drives each has a different erasing strategy!

"What you don't know WILL hurt you in time!"

Regards
Cal
clawso1

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 3
RE: GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase - 11/14/2004 11:21:05 AM   
emperor

I would suggest trying full erase, if your drive cannot erase them, probably your media is bad

(in reply to Cal 01)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI