CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

unmodded PS2 and HDD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1319 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> unmodded PS2 and HDD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
unmodded PS2 and HDD - 11/6/2004 6:40:42 PM   
yiannis

Hello to all!

After searching for couple of days and reading so many webpages FAQ's and so on i have few simple questions for u....first let me tell u what equipment i have...
PS2(obviously), official network adapter, seagate hdd 40gb and all the available software(loaders,swap etc) but on backup cd's(not pressed). Is there any way i can format the hdd without using the original pressed hdloader or hdadvance?? can i format the hdd in my pc and make it ps2 compatible format to avoid hdloader? if is there any way i can boot the PS2 using software burned in backup cds ?? Thank u all
Post #: 1
RE: unmodded PS2 and HDD - 11/7/2004 1:35:53 AM   
yiannis

I just downloaded and tried the WinHIIP_V1.6.3 and it formatted my seagate hd to PS2 format....i hooked it in the PS2 and after the bib sound which means the hd loads it stopped.......do u think is incompatible or the WinHIIP_V1.6.3 didnt do the job right? possibly the first

(in reply to yiannis)
Post #: 2
RE: unmodded PS2 and HDD - 11/7/2004 5:31:49 AM   
Rufus1983

What about PS2 and USB HDD? I know the new slim ps2 has no HDD exp slot, how about someone comin up with a plug in solution, main prob is ps2 uses USB 1.1 which is slow as hell, what about some way of hardwiring a USB device to a mem card or somethin? All sounds a bit extreme i know but would be a great solution. Anyone know anything about it??

(in reply to yiannis)
Post #: 3
RE: unmodded PS2 and HDD - 11/7/2004 1:47:29 PM   
emperor

yiannis there is a page which lists all compatible HDD with PS2, might want to check there

(in reply to Rufus1983)
Post #: 4
RE: unmodded PS2 and HDD - 11/7/2004 2:09:22 PM   
yiannis

i have just checked and yes it is compatible....now how do u explain that after booting it turns off?? do i need to format it inside the PS2 using HDadvance? what about my previous questions? any ideas? Thanx for ur replies

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 5
RE: unmodded PS2 and HDD - 11/25/2004 9:52:13 AM   
neilg

yes.. the hd loader / advance should ask you to format it.. at least.. my hd loader asked me to format. is your hard drive set to MASTER?

(in reply to yiannis)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> unmodded PS2 and HDD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote