CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

SCO Case Unlikely To Void Linux Licences !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1127 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> SCO Case Unlikely To Void Linux Licences ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SCO Case Unlikely To Void Linux Licences ! - 11/3/2004 12:08:55 PM   
SiliconFreak

A top Australian lawyer has said that SCO's case against IBM is unlikely to cause any Linux licences to be invalidated.

Andrew Chalet, who is a partner in the corporate and financial services team at Phillips Fox, said it was likely that SCO would be found to have encouraged its engineers to contribute code to Linux.

Speaking at a seminar on "Legal issues surrounding open source software deployment" in Melbourne this morning he said that the risks in using open source software were similar to using code written by any person, whether in a proprietary project or not, if the code in question infringed another's IP rights.

According to AAP, he added that software patents and copyright will continue to cause software developers both proprietary and open source major headaches over the coming years.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> SCO Case Unlikely To Void Linux Licences ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI