CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 928 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/6/2003 1:13:58 AM   
Yamaha

To all my friends at CDR-Info,

I would like to take this time to recognize the efforts that you have put forth in creating CDR-Info. The time and dedication you put into your website is truly amazing, and Yamaha Electronics extends its thanks for all of your support over the years. Your honest and objective style is truly a credit to your publication.

As you are well aware, Yamaha Electronics was the first manufacturer to launch a 1X CD-RW. Since that time, we have continued our dedication to the CD-R/RW market. Yamaha was the first to reach many important milestones, including 2X, 4X, and 16X Recording as well as 8X and 24X ReWrite. Yamaha CD Recorders were also the first to introduce technologies such as Mt. Rainier, Audio Master, and the widely acclaimed DiscT@2.

Following on the success of our latest CD Recorder, the CRW-F1 with its exclusive DiscT@2 features, Yamaha will be exiting the Optical Storage market. Yamaha will continue to market itís other Multimedia offerings, including speakers, headphones, and CD-R/RW media. We will also continue to provide technical support and warranty service for CD Recorders for the full warranty period.

Finally, let me thank you for the support you and your readers have given us over the years. Without all of you, our products could not have been as wildly successful as they are.

Sincerely,

Mark Becknauld
Product Manager
Multimedia Products Division
Yamaha Electronics Corp.

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 33
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/6/2003 1:19:06 AM   
Yamaha

I'd like to extend a very personal thank you to several people here. Your tireless efforts make reading this board all the more pleasurable. Even when I was being quiet, I was always here reading.

Laffin Assassin, Clint, John, Kennyshin, MP3Mogul, Tron, Graffiti, and everyone else: You all show such dedication in this little industry, even though it's only a mere hobby for most of you. I look forward to talking to you all very soon.

Best Regards,

Mark Becknauld
Product Manager
Yamaha Electronics Corp.

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 34
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/6/2003 1:57:19 AM   
Bagbug

[:(!][V] [:0]

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 35
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/6/2003 2:23:38 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Goodbye Yamaha, may choirs of angels sing thee to thy rest

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 36
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/6/2003 2:29:18 AM   
john

Mark we would like to thank you for your presence here. Today is a sad day since one big manufacturer leaves the CD-R/RW market and possible we won't see again innovating products, at least for the CD-R format. We understand the reasons that lead Yamaha to this decision and we hope someday to see again a Yamaha DVD+R/RW or Blu-Ray recorder at the market...[8)]

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 37
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/6/2003 10:25:53 PM   
nullvector

Maybe Yamaha is leaving the CDRW market because they found that CDR motor speeds above 44x are better used in Motorcycles :P

Im glad that I was able to get these several CRW-F1 drives....a truly amazing product, and best CDrw ive ever used :)

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 38
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/7/2003 1:04:17 AM   
jwcrim

Well, we Yamaha users have good reliable, well-engineered equipment to tide us over until some of the DVD stuff finally settles down and becomes a good option also.

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 39
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/7/2003 2:39:33 AM   
MP3Mogul

Nullvector,

I couldn't agree with ya more. I purchased 2 additional F-1's, tested them, and put them back in the box. I'm sure that this is a drive that I want around for a while..... But thinking, suppose the one in my PC now lasts 10 years???? LOL.. Oh well.. Go Yamaha!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 40
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/7/2003 8:58:13 AM   
Clint

quote:
Originally posted by Yamaha

I'd like to extend a very personal thank you to several people here. Your tireless efforts make reading this board all the more pleasurable. Even when I was being quiet, I was always here reading.

Laffin Assassin, Clint, John, Kennyshin, MP3Mogul, Tron, Graffiti, and everyone else: You all show such dedication in this little industry, even though it's only a mere hobby for most of you. I look forward to talking to you all very soon.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your informative, and positive contribution to all of us here. You have been the only manufacturer representative to post on the forums (not only here, but CDRLabs too etc.), and only shows comitment to customers and the industry.

Reading the Press Release, I *fully* understand why YEC has pulled out of the business, had I been the one making the decision, I would have done the exact same thing.
Anyways, lucky I obtained a Yamaha CRW-F1DX, or I'd be forever kicking myself if I had of missed out... [:I]

I thank Yamaha Electronics Corporation for being part of one of the most ingenious methods known to man, "The Process Of Writing".(Plextor, sorry for using your title )

Again, this makes complete sence as CD Recording has reached the physical limit of how fast a device can spin a piece of plastic/dye (chemicals)/aluminium and fire a laser beam at it [accurately, and without making 'exploding' CD's to much of an occurance], at least for Compact Discs.

[^]

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 41
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/7/2003 8:52:27 PM   
mitchel

I guess that means no more firmware up dates for my F1?, But then I havent seen to may updates for my Plextor x16 as of late.[:I]

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 42
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/7/2003 9:02:01 PM   
Yamaha

Hi Mitchel,

Actually, no, that is not the case. Yamaha will continue to support the CRW-F1 and it's previous products. Yamaha will be monitoring the product, and should the need arise, will provide firmware updates for its products.

Thank you very much,

Mark Becknauld
Product Manager
Yamaha Electronics Corp.

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 43
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/8/2003 5:18:14 AM   
DawnLoader

quote:
Originally posted by Yamaha

Hi Mitchel,

Actually, no, that is not the case. Yamaha will continue to support the CRW-F1 and it's previous products. Yamaha will be monitoring the product, and should the need arise, will provide firmware updates for its products.

Thank you very much,

This is the reason why me and all of my friends have Yamaha burners. I am keeping my F1 with great care. I really like the "Electric Blue" light. Looks very cool.

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 44
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/9/2003 3:26:16 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Again MARK
Thanks very much for the Info once again you came here when you were needed just as you have always done in the Past !!!
No one is more sadder than me knowing that new Yamaha Writers will not be hitting our shelves but it is nice to know that the Customer Support will still be there for its millions of faithfull customers and who knows one day Yamaha may return and I am dead sure it will be with the best Technology around just like they have done for numerious years !!! [:0]
And just before I sign off I still haven't got a BLACK FRONT for my F1 !!! I just mentioned that before MP3Mogul did !!!
Any way Take Care Mate and don't worry I will still be here keeping the end up !!!
And sometimes making you SMILE !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 45
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/11/2003 12:42:30 AM   
MP3Mogul

I'm really enjoying my black front , and I was thinking perhaps I could send Laffin a can of black spray paint... or maybe, just maybe, Mark, you could hook him up??????

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 46
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/11/2003 12:55:51 AM   
Bagbug

they made F1 with white fronts ? Really ? I only saw black ones yet ...

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 47
RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? - 2/14/2003 5:03:28 AM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul

I'm really enjoying my black front , and I was thinking perhaps I could send Laffin a can of black spray paint... or maybe, just maybe, Mark, you could hook him up??????

Hi Mate
I have managed to get one but if I tell you where it came from I would have to kill you LOL !!!
Lets just say it came from a Friend !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Bagbug)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: No more Yamaha CDRW ? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI