CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Sony DVD+-RW DRU500a problems Help please!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1440 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Sony DVD+-RW DRU500a problems Help please! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sony DVD+-RW DRU500a problems Help please! - 1/28/2003 5:45:07 PM   
myty1

I hope someone can help me here. I've really been banging my head against the wall on this one. I recently got a DRU500a drive from sony it's the dvd -+rw the problem is that on files larger than say 10 megs it sits there and just churns. On programs (nero) where i can see what it's doing it's usually stuck on the lead-in write phase. I've upgraded the firmware of my motherboard as suggested and tried to get the f version of the driver firmware upgraded (without success, it just keeps asking me to reboot before installing) so it's stuck on firmware version "e". I would suspect the drive itself however, i've got it RMA'ed (so this is the second one) *and* I tried installing a Cendyne a05 (pioneer-105) and had the same kinda luck. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what i might try next? I've tried burning on dvd-rw only (as i don't want to making coasters of perfectly good dvd-r, although i have tried 1 dvd-r without luck). I have full formatted the dvd-rw once before usage and numerous times since then, although currently with the new drive it seems to get stuck when trying to do a full format (40+ mins and still not done) but the quickformat seemed to work. Please help. Thanks in advance. Oh yeah machine specs:
Shuttle ss51 PC
2.0a ghz pentium
512 Mushkin basic PC2100 ram
i/o magic PVR
PNY GF4ti4200
Western digital 120 special edition drive

Thanks again
Post #: 1
RE: Sony DVD+-RW DRU500a problems Help please! - 1/28/2003 6:25:25 PM   
john

I would suggest to try on other PC the Sony or Cendyne drive to see if it works. Something in your system messes up with those drives i think

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to myty1)
Post #: 2
RE: Sony DVD+-RW DRU500a problems Help please! - 2/11/2003 12:18:36 AM   
desnacker

I have a Shuttle SS51 too, and I had the same problem: installed the latest SIS IDE drivers (which also upgrades your IDE controller to UDMA6 (ATA133) instead of UDMA5 (ATA100). This will solve all "lead-in" problems, but will give you another problem in return:
CPU usage when burning cd's and dvd's is always 100%!
Tried all options (turning off DMA, changing IDE channel, master/slave, different media, etc.), no succes....
Please let me know if you succeed in solving your original problem and especially solving the new problem!

(in reply to myty1)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Sony DVD+-RW DRU500a problems Help please! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI