CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

TrustyFiles 2.3 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1391 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> TrustyFiles 2.3 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TrustyFiles 2.3 ! - 10/26/2004 6:50:42 PM   
SiliconFreak

Publisher: TrustyFiles
License: Free
Minimum requirements: Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server
Uninstaller included?: Yes

Software Publisher's Description
Search and download over multiple P2P networks with TrustyFiles Snag hundreds of millions of files on the Kazaa, Gnutella/2, and Bit Torrent networks. TrustyFiles is the only software that downloads the same file at the same time from Kazaa, Gnutella, Gnutella2, and the Internet. Download files from web sites or any place you see Trusty, Magnet and Sig2dat Links. TrustyFiles features a blocklist and virus scanning for security, simultaneous searches and downloads, global search results, multi-source and partial file downloading, full link support and generation, and all file types, including music, MP3, video, movies, photos, software, and games.

Version 2.3 adds simultaneous multi-network download. Other updates include performance enhancements for faster searches, more results, increased stability, and bug fixes.

Download(2.39MB)

Source : Download.com
Post #: 1
RE: TrustyFiles 2.3 ! - 10/27/2004 9:26:04 AM   
Cooler

Is this POS again at Download.com?!
When "author" starts with stealing work of other people while claiming the credit and not obeying the licenses, I would never suggest even trying any software from "author" mentioned!

In case anyone wonders, "TrustyFiles" is a poor and network-wise abusive rip-off based of Shareaza! Many users (including me) have banned it via client filtering, because of bad behaviour and effects to networks. IMO, not recommended.

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: TrustyFiles 2.3 ! - 10/27/2004 11:03:26 AM   
SiliconFreak

Cool down Cooler...

I didnt knew that much about this "author"......I thought we could trust him...afterall...thats why the word TRUST is in-there......**JOKE**

No really...didnt knew that Cooler...thanks for explaination...I appreciate that...but my personal opinion is that there is nothing wrong with posting this info...afterall its up to each member to decide if he/she wants/needs this kind of software or not... Isnt it so, or am I wrong?

But...since You mentioned that...I will keep in mind this...and do a little research about it (when I've had more time than I do right now )...but until then...feedback from other members who know more about it is also very much wanted... So if anyone had some previous positive or negative experience with TrustyFiles...just post here...OK?

Have a nice day/night everybody...

ENJOY...Bye.

**SF-OUT**

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 3
RE: TrustyFiles 2.3 ! - 10/31/2004 2:44:25 PM   
MasterP

Cooler,

Why do you post lies? Shareaza is good software but doesn't access Kazaa / Fast Track. TrustyFiles does. That's just one of the many ways that TrustyFiles is different and obviously not based on Shareaza code. TrustyFiles is an excellent product from my own testing. I recommend it.

It's cool to share your opinion. If you have facts, please share them. I'd love to see 'em. But spreading rumors and lies does no one any good. Plus it shreds any credibility you have.

MasterP

Post #: 4
RE: TrustyFiles 2.3 ! - 11/1/2004 9:24:55 PM   
Cooler

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, MasterP... but remember how "TrustyFiles" started, eh?:
"Oh, as we can't (yet?) code, we can simply take other software and edit some of it's files. No matter if we forget earlier copyright strings etc., as nobody probably bothers to look them". It may now access FT (with pieces "borrowed" from others sources?), but it certainly did not at first!

More recent generations of "TrustyFiles" got quite much revamped, but incase you want to know about the reputation of "author", check this thread. It's old, but at that time they were gone from plain rip-off to using sources with license violations, while still claiming the credit. Almost all of previously too obvious traces of non-original parts are apparently now gone... except some "borrowed" sources, so i have to correct myself a bit: It's not direct rip-off anymore. IMHO, lost trust (pun intended!) is not so easily restored...

Edit:
Still, if you're using "TrustyFiles", don't wonder why some sources are blocking you!

< Message edited by Cooler -- 11/1/2004 9:44:10 PM >

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to MasterP)
Post #: 5
RE: TrustyFiles 2.3 ! - 11/2/2004 12:06:12 AM   
MasterP

Cooler, interesting there on zeropaid. I'm no expert on p2p developers. Just check out a lotsa software. I do know some rip off open code like Morpheus with no scruples. There's no recognition, no open source, etc. From what you showed on TrustyFiles, they did f*ck up. I fully support you and others attacking them. But they owned up to it like adults, which seem to be in short demand and puts them far ahead of others. I've run mldonkey and openft software. It's clear to me that Trusty23 kazza software is hugely better and has none of that code. They obviously did bit torrent on their own. It looks like its been 2 releases since they used open source. They appear to have eliminated that code and kept their word. Geez, how long do you hold a grudge? it seems they've earned a bit of cred by now.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> TrustyFiles 2.3 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI