CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 717 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! - 10/25/2004 9:54:16 AM   
SiliconFreak

During the course of the review we gamed, we photo retouched, we did everything possible to try and find fault with this unit. In the end we found that the MX1000 is now the best mouse I've ever used. The MX1000 is very response, accurate and is ultra smooth. Logitech took the MX700 - improved upon it's strengths and addressed its flaws creating what could arguably considered the best mouse in the world. I spent many hours playing Call Of Duty United Offensive and working on review images for this and other reviews, at no time did we find any issues with the MX1000. The only fault, as some may see it, would be the price. Keep in mind the addage "you get what you pay for". The MX1000 is well worth the asking price, albeit $89 may be more than some people are willing to spend on a peripherial like a mouse we just can't see penalizing a product this impressive and innovative for the high price tag - you do get what you pay for! If you need the best mouse on the market - this is definitly it.

FULL REVIEW HERE...

Pros
Accurate, responsive, smooth
Outstanding for gaming and photo retouching
Rechargeable Litium-ion battery

Cons
None

Source : 3DXtreme

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! - 10/26/2004 12:06:47 AM   
Dartman

Gotta get one of those soon. I really love my 700 and this appears to be leaps and bounds better in battery life and resolution. Nice not to be tied to a cord anymore too.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! - 10/26/2004 8:58:34 AM   
SiliconFreak

Yes mr.Dartman......LASER awaits You...(mouse that is)...

Really nice piece indeed...maybe just to wait few weeks till the price drops a bit...and then...buy buy buy...

Post #: 3
RE: MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! - 10/27/2004 9:00:11 AM   
Cooler

Allthought the 3 years guarantee is not the only thing making me drooling, price tag of 73.95€ forces me to wait.

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

Post #: 4
RE: MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! - 11/16/2004 1:57:21 AM   
Dartman

Got one today at Office Depot. Office Max here in the US has them on sale for 55 and OD has a good price match policy, they also have a Advantage card for frequent shoppers that pays you back each quarter depending on how much you spend, I had 20 back. I ended up getting it for 35
Now all I have to do is hook it up...Weeee!

(in reply to Cooler)
Post #: 5
RE: MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! - 11/16/2004 6:04:24 AM   
SiliconFreak

Thanx for info Dartman

I just wonder...do they ship internationally also?

(in reply to Dartman)
Post #: 6
RE: MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! - 11/16/2004 7:18:19 PM   
Dartman

They have a Web site for both stores, dont have a clue about shipping internationally, but I think most don't. Here's Office Max's site http://www.officemax.com/ and heres OD http://www.officedepot.com/ I guess you can poke around and e-mail them about it and see if their sites don't have any good answers for you. It does work fine with the duo keyboard that was part of my 700 mouse package. I just had to unplug the 700 from the ps2 port and plug in the new 1000, and also use it's charging docking port as well as the one for the 700 becuase it works the keyboard also. If I can get another 700 mouse only dock I can use it on another PC sometime.
So far they seem pretty equal for performance, the curser jumps up if you lift the mouse from the pad so that might be a problem if your gaming and banging it around. Still figuring it out, just got it installed about an hour ago.

Post #: 7
RE: MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! - 11/16/2004 9:26:04 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hello again!

...and thank You again for more info.

So...I checked at their sites and here is what it reads about international shipping...

International Orders

Currently, OfficeMax.com only ships to the 50 U.S. states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Pricing, shipping and delivery charges may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Items indicating three-day delivery will take six to eight weeks for delivery due to distance and shipping priority. If you are ordering from any of these areas, you will be contacted prior to delivery if there are discrepancies in prices.

So I guess no mouse for me from them for a while...

But nevermind...our stores here have it also...its just that I havent do any price comparisons yet...

Once again thank You Dartman...and let Your mouse serves You well for many many years (and stay away from laser beam )...

Ohhh...and about that "jumping cursor"...I had same problem with my optical mouse when I used my mouse pad (actually I tried 3 or 4 different pads...but that cursor occasionally jumped in upper left corner of the screen...so I decided to remove mouse pad and use mouse directly on my desk...ANDDDDDD...since then....not a single jump occured...

ENJOY!

(in reply to Dartman)
Post #: 8
RE: MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! - 11/16/2004 10:15:56 PM   
Dartman

Your welcome, glad to try to help but I think we both knew they wouldn't ship anywhere but US teritories It only jumps when I pick it up, it'll read up to about a quarter inch off the pad so that might be part of it.
You might wanna try NewEgg and places like that. I chat with a few people from your part of the world and they seem to be able to get most of what I can locally for comparable prices with the exchange rates figured in.

Post #: 9
RE: MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! - 11/17/2004 3:55:34 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hi!

Thanks again, but its not that big deal actually...dont need new mouse THAAAAAAAT much...(although it would be a great thing to have, I agree with that )...soooooo...its kinda strange that most of big online businesses dont sell internationally (maybe they are already loaded with money, so they dont need few extra bucks )...but I know that many others do sell internationally...its just that they are bit harder to find ( got some of them written down somewhere - dont worry)...

Btw...NewEgg also doesnt sell internationally...have tried them awhile ago already....but no luck...

Nevermind...like I said...I am not in that much of a hurry to buy new mouse...it may wait a little.....afterall...what if they start selling some "4-way ultra laser mouse with nanotechnological enhancements" tommorow? ...in that case this Mx1000 will be just an ordinary old mouse with laser (which You could use as a pointer in some school (or other) presentations)... (but dont worry - that wont happen in near future - so I wish You many years of Joy with this baby, cause its one of the best currently available on the market - at least what they say - but dont they all say that?)

Enough from my side 4 now...there is still plenty of work 4 me left today...so lets get startedddddddddddddd...

ENJOY!

(in reply to Dartman)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse Review ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI