CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVX-POD 7010 Soon To Hit U.S. Shelves !!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 642 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> DVX-POD 7010 Soon To Hit U.S. Shelves !! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVX-POD 7010 Soon To Hit U.S. Shelves !! - 10/25/2004 9:10:55 AM   
SiliconFreak

November will bring the first 6.5" portable media viewer to U.S. shores: the MobiNote DVX-POD 7010 PMV featuring 20 GB of HDD space and integrated PVR capabilities.

Hot on the heels of introduction of the much-publicized Creative Zen PMC-120 Portable Media Center by Microsoft and Creative, Ama Technologies has announced that the company will be bringing MobiNote's DVX-POD 7010 - a portable media viewer with nearly twice the screen estate of the Zen PMC-120 - to the U.S. market. Already launched this past June in Asia, Australia, and Europe, the DVX-POD 7010 will be available before Christmas.

Despite not being first to the U.S. market, MobiNote's DVX-POD 7010 is certain to turn heads as the portable media viewer offers a whopping 6.5" of screen estate, compared to the 3.8" of the Creative Zen PMC-120 - and the typical 3.5" of other units currently available. Furthermore, with a resolution of 720 x 480 and 16:9 aspect ratio, the DVX-POD is uniquely capable of playing back video files at native DVD resolution.

The DVX-POD 7010 integrates 20 GB of HDD storage, and delivers varying output depending on which video format is being used. Supported formats include DivX 3.11 at 30 FPS and 352 x 288 pixels; DivX 4.x/5.x at 30 FPS and 720 x 480; Microsoft Windows Media Video 9 Simple Profile at 30 FPS and 352 x 288; and finally, Apple QuickTime 6 at 30 FPS and 640 x 480. Additionally, the DVX-POD 7010 is also capable of recording video using the MPEG4 SP format at 25 FPS and 704 x 420.

For audio playback and recording, the device respectively supports MP3 and WMA at 44.1 KHz and 128 Kbps, and MP3 at 32 KHz and 48, 96 and 192 Kbps. Standard 3.5 mm jacks provide in/out audio capabilities, whilst video is available as composite only, supporting PAL and NTSC output. In addition, picture viewing capabilities are also in place with JPEG, BMP and GIF as supported formats.

Other features of the DVX-POD 7010 include a viewing stand to enable the sizeable unit to provide hands-free viewing, as well as a claimed 170 degree viewing.

Measuring 192 x 115 x 28 mm and weighing in at 570 g with a non-exchangeable, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery, the DVX-POD 7010 is slated to be available from Ama Technologies in November 2004, and will sell for $599 USD.

Source : InfoSyncWorld

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> DVX-POD 7010 Soon To Hit U.S. Shelves !! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI