CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

hd loader question...   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 817 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> hd loader question... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
hd loader question... - 10/24/2004 8:25:31 PM   
westcoastdreamz

To begin this is my first post on this board, so hello to all.
Now I have a question which I havent seen around anywhere yet that hopefully someone can answer. I have the official sony hdd and am wondering if I were to connect it to my PC would I be able to transfer a downloaded copy of hd loader or hd advance onto the drive and thus reconnect it to the ps2 and run it from there, or transfer it onto a memory card that way? hopefully this is possible but otherwise I guess I'd have to found a copy to buy somewhere
Post #: 1
RE: hd loader question... - 10/25/2004 1:33:20 PM   
emperor

Yes the official PS2 HDD will work ok installing at the PC and using WinHIIP software to transfer backups

(in reply to westcoastdreamz)
Post #: 2
RE: hd loader question... - 10/25/2004 4:04:38 PM   
westcoastdreamz

Sorry about that emperor, I worded my question all jacked up yesterday! Thanks for the response but I am trying to see if it is possible to transfer the hd loader or similar program onto my ps2 by way of connecting the hard drive to my pc. I am just wondering about this because I am trying to work around my problem of not being able to boot a copy of hd copy since my ps2 is not chipped or anything. .. Do you think it would be worth trying to make an iso file of hd loader and then use WinHIIP to transfer this onto my drive?? (Assuming I could run said iso without already having hd loader installed... ) Again, sorry if I really confused you this time but any help is appreciated.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: hd loader question... - 10/25/2004 4:40:39 PM   
emperor

I see now, i don't know how you can transfer an image of HD Loader to the memory card, HDD, maybe someone else can help

Post #: 4
RE: hd loader question... - 10/29/2004 7:36:31 PM   
westcoastdreamz

thanks emperor for the answers. well i guess i will just have to buy the hd loader program and be done with it! so on that note emperor, where do you suggest ordering from based on what you've heard from other people, etc.?

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 5
RE: hd loader question... - 10/31/2004 7:49:42 AM   
emperor

i had order from a site that no longer sells them, other members can share their buying experiences

Post #: 6
RE: hd loader question... - 11/19/2004 8:20:28 PM   
westcoastdreamz

Again thanks emperor for the responses. Well I ended up ordering HD Advance 2.0 from a place called Game Soft and it showed up today (1 week later) so I can say I recommend this place. gamesoftinc.com i believe 'twas

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 7
RE: hd loader question... - 11/19/2004 8:27:19 PM   
MD8

Cool thanks, I need to get one for my brother

Post #: 8
RE: hd loader question... - 11/20/2004 12:19:49 AM   
chul2!

I believe that you can transfer files to your memory card using Games shark's usb flash drive. Has anyone tried this??? Does it work with normal usb flashdrives?

(in reply to MD8)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> hd loader question... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote