CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

The Register Hit By DDoS Attack !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 639 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> The Register Hit By DDoS Attack ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Register Hit By DDoS Attack ! - 10/20/2004 6:15:05 PM   
SiliconFreak

The Register web site has been knocked offline today by a distributed denial of service attack (DDoS). The technology news outlet says the attack began at about 7 a.m. GMT. "The attack continues — and is increasing in severity, but our hosting provider is doing what it can to mitigate its effects," the company reported.

By this afternoon, the site's performance was improved, according to The Register, which temporarily turned off its CSS stylesheets to reduce network traffic and blunt the impact of the attack.

A dynamically updating performance chart is available here.

The Register made no mention of why it believed it had been targeted, but indicated that it believes the attacks may continue. "Fingers crossed that this is an end to the matter, although we are warned that the attack may increase in severity again at any time," the Register said in an udpate. "Accordingly, our hosts and tech boys are pulling out all the stops to prevent a repeat of today's events." The Register's web site is hosted by Rackspace, which provides specialized defenses against DDoS attacks.

Source : NetCraftNews
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> The Register Hit By DDoS Attack ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI